Hash, Inc. Forums

My demoreel v.2

agep

I have been updating my demoreel quite a bunch lately. Added some new stuff and rerendered most of the old stuff (v.13 IBL). I guess I should have continued in the old thread but the old one is a bit outdated, so I hope you guys forgive me starting a new thread :unsure:

The demoreel do have some jagging in both the sound and the motion due to an bug in the editing software.

Anyway. Here is an direct link to the demoreel:

Approximately 18MB, Lenght: 2:26. Right click and save target as....

-=QuickTime=-

-=Windows Media=-

Let me know what you think :) Comments and crits are appreciated

Regards

Stian

Thanks guys :)

Did you go back and redo some of your shots with HDRI? Everything looks awsome. I just wish I had that much talent.

Thanks Matt. Yes, I rendered the rotating models in IBL and HDRI sphere. It is thanks to you and your brother experimenting with lights that have made me understand it better :)

I personally don't think it's too long. This is a demoreel, you need to demonstrate your work, which means to give the prospective customer time to examine the work. I wouldn't change a thing.

which means to give the prospective customer time to examine the work.

That was what I was aiming at, without killing them with boredom. My last version had a very fast duration that made it hard to examine the the models

very detailed modeling, would suggest having the animation of the workspace move into the moniter instead of zooming out.

My idea behind the zoom is that first you'll see the project then you'll see the finished project (like the others; wire to final)

Thanks for your comments guys :)

Stian, all this is beautiful work! My two cents: I'd like to see some camera moves on the models that you are showing as stills. Doesn't need much, just a touch to show them off a bit and make the viewing experience a little more dynamic. Also, the QT version has a lot of jaggies. Hopefully your final render will be more slick.

And the robot rolling off his pedestal was just the right touch! Good luck with this, it's great stuff.

Gerry

Thanks Teresa and Gerry

I'd like to see some camera moves on the models that you are showing as stills.
yeah I agree to that, but most of the stills are to time consuming to render as animation, and I also havent found the time to set up new renders (read: a portion lazyness :) )

Thanks

Regards

Stian