Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Circularity problem

johnl3d

Was wondering the best method to use tracking down a circularity error actually 2 errors

Can't post since its too complex just wondering if there is a procedure to help with this problem

What to look for ...would looking at project in text editor help.....etc

Suggestions more than welcome

Thanks

Tinkering Gnome trying to help

:blink:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's usually a parenting issue. Seeing the bone hierarchy and names of the bones involved in the constraint would help. Is it being setup in a pose? Is the bone constrained to another? There are alot of reasons why you could get a circularity error. When rigs get complex, circularity errors usually means you'are probably not complex enough, and you need another set of control bones to avoid parenting issues.

Can't post since its too complex

Hi John. My guess is you might have an action that has both ON/OFF and Slider Poses. My solution is not to use Pose sliders if they are used to control more then 1 constraint. I have found it safer to have a pose with loads of constraints Switched On or OFF. Sort the percentages of each constraint while creating the pose and then Just have one ON/OFF Switch for the pose.

Do any of your constraints have lag? I have found this too causes circularity errors. Try reducing or removing the lag and see if that helps.

Your skeleton might also have hidden bones that already have constraints. I got similar problems when I tried to import an action from an earlier version of AM to say AMv11.t ( with lagging constraints).

The imported actions would have frames that were out of sync with the original timeline grid.

With some of the early models of AM ( Example Bunny) I copied all the slider poses onto one ON/OFF Pose.

As most poses require to be set @ 100% I see no point in having Sliders.

Another tip might be the mouse your using. If install the manufactures drives and extra software it can cause intermittent faults with AM. So I let Windows install its own drives.

Was wondering the best method to use tracking down a circularity error actually 2 errors

Can't post since its too complex just wondering if there is a procedure to help with this problem

What to look for ...would looking at project in text editor help.....etc

One of the things that most people don't do is to name the relationships in the pose folders, that would help you track down the problem. I try to remember to name the relationship the same as the pose name so that it comes up in the error message. When you have a lot of poses it's tough to isolate something like that if you don't name them.

If you're using v13alpha, I've had some erroneous circularity errors that go away if I close the program and re-open. It doesn't happen in a repeatable manner, so I haven't reported it...and it might only occur when you have poses that take advantage of the FK/IK switching. So, if you're not doing something like that, I would think it's just a conflict that you introduced somewhere along the way and the naming of the relationships would help to track it down.

Hope that helps, John.

That v13 alpha error occurs for me when I make a pose in a relationship and then go out to an action/chor and press spacebar to refresh. I have to save the project before that and re-open to see the changes.

John,

Since I happen to know the models this problem concerns, if it is in the face model as I suspect, this model comes right off the AM CD and was put together by Shawn Freeman for face rigging tutorial on one of the SIG packages from Hash -- if memory serves (it has different facial maps and the mesh has been tweaked). Yes, it is called Rigged Face 00 (same as now I think... or I may have changed it). Hmm... given this, you should find the same problem with the CD version, and if not, problem solved -- we just switch to the CD version (which must have been changed somehow).

Cheers,

Rusty