Hash, Inc. Forums

The Griffon Rider and Steed

Zaryin

Thanks alot, Ethan. I just had a look at your website. Beautiful drawings. If I do add weapons they will probably be sheathed. At least in the final image.

Here she is with different colors. These are probably the colors I will be going with. I added dimension to the cape and a border the same color as the pants. I still have tweaking to do and to add the hood, but I haven't decided if I want the hood now. It might save me some energy not to try and model it, and it will probably not even be seen in the final image.

Oh, and I should add that I adjusted the shoulders a few images back. They were way too long so I shortened them.

Thanks again.

woman14.jpg

Hiya Zaryin - Great progress, very nice changes and the hair is swell.

How about adding a touch of yellow (mild), in keeping with the earth tones it could be fall leaves. Just a thought. Might be a nice contrast. Then again it might look like puke. hehe

..doug

Z,

This question has little to do with nothin... but when I looked at the last pose I noticed..

first thing...

Well, women seem to have an ability to get into clothes that don't seem to fit until they get them on jeans & bracelets come to mind.

Then I look at her boots: The foot of the boot appears so much bigger than the ankle... and I'm sure she can point her toes and all that, but well... she's gonna have a real hard time getting those boots on ... and if she happens to be well, you know, "retaining fluids"... I don't think it will happen at all... Unless those seams on the sides are actually zippers...

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks everyone!

Matt: I was actually thinking of giving her a waist leangth cloak since she'll be riding on a griffon, but I liked the longer version.

Doug: These are supposed to be just base colors (although they might end up final depending on where I do with her), but I could add some yellow as "embroidery" work in the cloths later on.

Charlie: Haha. They might not be anotomically correct, but they sure are sexy, lol.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the comments.

David: Yeah, I probably could have used the cape I made for the Tin Servant as a base, but I modeled it from scratch. I like wasting as much time as possible, haha.

I was going to make a specific character for learning animation that I was going to install the squetchy rig in, but I got sidetracked when I decided to make this Image. I might go with the that rig, or I'll take the easy way and use the Setup Machine, haha.

Trajce: Thanks alot :). I can't even animate a ball, lol. At least for now this character will be used just for the image I am making. I might animate her later -- when I actually know what I am doing.

Thanks again.

PS: My next image post will have the finished armor.

My next image post will have the finished armor

I can't wait for that it should be really cool. I like what you've done with this model its turning out really good. Very good, actually. Just out of curiosity, what's the patch count? Its looking good Zaryn keep up the great work!

Thanks Robert. The patch count with the armor in the same model is -- and this is a guesstimate -- a little less than 10,000 patches, haha. So once I finish the shoulder armor it will probably be around 11K. Not animating friendly, but it's for a still image so I'm not too worried about the patch count.

Lol no kidding about it not being animation friendly. Haha. Well, based on the looks of it so far the image is gonna turn out awesome. 11K!? Yikes. My computer would have a fit. Well, keep up the good work Zaryn its looking great!

If anyone knows how to debug models could you please take a look at this model and let me know what the hell is wrong with it? I can't get it to open in any version I have so if someone could figure it out and let me know what the problem is it would really be appreciated. I don't really feel like remaking these bastards if I don't have to.

Thanks

Armor_Shoulder01.txt

Dan: I made a two point spline. Selected that spline. Locked that spline. Then deleted it. I hope that was a good explanation :).

Well thanks to Jody (YES! :)), I didn't have to go insane finishing my armor. Here she is with the finished armor. Now I have to make her swordbelt, sword, and dagger. Then I will be done with her modeling.

Here is the patch count. There are two models.

Tyanna (girl): 6,068

Armor: 4,700

Total: 10,768

I haven't even built the inside of her mouth. I might not. I don't know if I will have her mouth open for the final image. And then with the sword and stuff I'm expecting somewhere near 13k of patches when the model if finished.

woman16.jpg

That problem you said you had has happened to me in the past with models with too high a patch count. Like rediculously high numbers. That plus textures n such. My computer like can't handle it and'll shut down whenever i try to open them. BUT. Anyways. That's looking really good Zaryn. even better WITH the armor (which looks TOTALLY cool). Sooo... ya! Great work! Can't wait to see the finished image. Later!

Thanks alot, guys. My friend wants me to make a whip for her. "She needs a whip!", he says. *sigh* What does everyone else think ... whip? It might be a little too hard. He also wants me to finish the back armor, add the hood to the cloak, etc, etc... He can be a real ba***rd somtimes :). He just doesn't understand how complicated it is to rig a high patch character.

that is just amazing work Jeff... you're scaring me with your awesomeness

Thanks. Now if I can be as awesome with the lighting, like you and your brother, I might be somewhere :).

That's some beautiful armor there Jeff!

Glad to be of help... I'll find a way for you to repay me someday... :D

Anytime :).

What about a dagger? A whip doesn't seem appropriate. But it depends what she'll be doing....

BTW are those displacements on the armour?

Also, if she doesn't need to take off the armour, you could reduce the patches by deleting the body parts hidden under them.

Thanks alot, guys.

Will: I wish my friend was a client. If I had any idea of how I could get paid doing this, I would do it, but I'm not very business oriented. :).

Ken: Yeah I was thinking of just a dagger, not the whip. I think my friend wants me to sexifier some more. I don't think she needs it. I am making this in v12 so there are no displacements. I'm keeping the clothing underneath, becuase I might have need for her clothing in the future and didn't want to save a seperate model with the clothes gone in some areas.

I have already decided that I will make two swords that cross her back. They will poke threw her cloak, so I will have to make two versions of the cloak. *sigh*

Thanks again.

Does anyone know why my sword is rendering all blacky-like in v12t? As you can see, it's the same in the render as it is in the action that I put my swords in. Both are rendered images. I don't really want to have to make two models for my swords being in and out of the sheaths.

Any help would be appreciated.

swordrenderproblem.jpg

Here's a render of the sword. It's a 1 1/2 hand scimitar with wing guards and the star motif on the hilt.

I've decided to go with two throwing axes for her secondary weapons on a belt around her waist. WHen I am done with the axes I will move onto spurs. And while I am doing those things I will tweak the cloak to fit again voer the sheaths for the swords.

sword01.jpg

Ok, my friend's birthday is tomorrow so I decided to take my character and put a very basic skeleton in her and pose her for a birthday card. I didn't have much time to tweak the pose since I had other stuff to do, but I am surprised how well she moved with just a basic skeleton.

I know it's not the greatest, but I thought I'd post it anyway since I haven't posted in a while.

woman17.jpg