Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

smart skin question

tido

Hi,

I've done my first animation model and I was animating him. I had some control points not animating very well and I've heard about smart skin that could solve my problem. I did a search in the help and followed the instuctions but, when I do "new smart skin", on a thight bone, in the relationship window, I dont see that bone, I only see the other ones (look at image)

if I try to select a foot and move it(so it would move the thight bone as well), a msg box poops and says "circulatiry found: "balance left foor" shortcut to relationship1 /translate to ..|left foot target"

what am I doing wrong?

thanks

tido

post-8345-1140540447_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What version of AM are you using? The best way to do smartskin is to rotate the bone in an action. Then when you see distortion, right click on it and choose smartskin. The display will immediately go to muscle mode and you should see no bones.

Then to revert to the action window, you have to un-click the relationship icon and click the skeleton icon in the main toolbar at the top.

It doesnt work!

I dont know what I did but I dont see that bone in the action window either.

I was using the thing pointed with the greed arrow (see picture) but I can't click and ask AM to set smart skin on the invisible bone.

PS, I loaded the knight and, with him too, I don't see these leg bones. I must have done something wrong with AM... What is it?

tido

post-8345-1140544938_thumb.jpg

That's because they're hidden bones. You have to go into bones mode and click on the assigned points of that bone and unhide it with the icon beside it in the PWS.

If you've got the alpha v13, the circulatory error might be a bug.

Tido, the bones are hidden by the rig's setup pose, not in Bones mode. When you run Smartskin, make sure all other poses are turned off. Do this in the PWS, under your model's user properties, not in the Pose Slider window.

Thanks but I don't see exactly where to make it visible...

By PWS, I guess you mean project workspace.

So in the workspace, I right click on the pig model (in objects) and click on properties. It opens another tab and, in which, I dont see anything to unhide taht bone...