Hash, Inc. Forums

The Heavy Push

• Hash Fellow

It's a classic, the heavy push... I don't think they let you get an animator's license without one.

[attachmentid=14573]

Edit: The above file is in H.264

here's a smaller version in Sorenson3

[attachmentid=14596]

heavypushsmall.mov

heavypushsor250.mov

Loved it. :lol: Especially the end where he rolls with it and the weight rolls over him. Are you doing the Animation Mentor program, because I get the impression cause the character looks like one they use. I myself am getting ready to apply for the summer term of this year. I really want to hone my character animation skills.

Once again great job

You nailed that one.

• Hash Fellow

Thanks, guys!

Are you doing the Animation Mentor program, because I get the impression cause the character looks like one they use.
Yes, that's "Stewie", remade in Animation:Master. "Push a heavy object up an incline" was a 2nd quarter assignment. They've changed the curriculum since then, it may be no more.

I myself am getting ready to apply for the summer term of this year. I really want to hone my character animation skills.
Brush up on your drawing skills between now and then. That's one thing they don't warn you about... you will be expected to make quite a few drawings as part of your assignments.

Say hello to Victor when you see him.
I haven't had him for a mentor so I haven't run into him yet. But I hear he has a reputation as an extrememly tough grader.

Outstanding work. The back arch reversals play really well. Thanks for posting Robcat.

I know it's not relevant what rig was used, but I'm just curious if you used the Squetch rig for this model? Any chance you'd post the model for general use (if not, that's fine)? I just like his look.

• Hash Fellow

Is there a special codec for this file ?

Well, that's what I get for trying to be modern. H.264 is supposed to be a standard QT codec now but I guess they don't have that all worked out yet.

I've put a Sorenson3 version up at the top. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there a special codec for this file ?

I get a quicktime screen with progress bar but to picture. edit: that's NO picture

It uses the H.264 codec, which comes with QT7 (at least, it does on the Mac) - which version of QT are you using?

H.264 provides astonishing compression but you need a fair bit of processor power to play it. My 600MHz iBook plays about one frame in 100 for H.264 movies. My solution to this: I simply exported it using the Sorensen 3 codec, and that plays fine for me.

I do like this animation - I shall file it away for future reference!

• Hash Fellow

I know it's not relevant what rig was used, but I'm just curious if you used the Squetch rig for this model?

I rigged it with TSM2, which has some squetchy features but I didn't use them this time out.

Any chance you'd post the model for general use (if not, that's fine)? I just like his look.

No, I can't. I already created "a situation" at the AnimationMentor office last week when i merely revealed i had included one of my models in a bug report to Hash.

No, I can't. I already created "a situation" at the AnimationMentor office last week when i merely revealed i had included one of my models in a bug report to Hash.

Strange....considering you made him in AM and anyone else could do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a classic, the heavy push... I don't think they let you get an animator's license without one.

You mean you have to have a license to animate? Oh no! I've been AWOL! (animating without a license)

Looks really great!

Cory

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
Thanks, guys!

Are you doing the Animation Mentor program, because I get the impression cause the character looks like one they use.
Yes, that's "Stewie", remade in Animation:Master. "Push a heavy object up an incline" was a 2nd quarter assignment. They've changed the curriculum since then, it may be no more.

I myself am getting ready to apply for the summer term of this year. I really want to hone my character animation skills.
Brush up on your drawing skills between now and then. That's one thing they don't warn you about... you will be expected to make quite a few drawings as part of your assignments.

Say hello to Victor when you see him.
I haven't had him for a mentor so I haven't run into him yet. But I hear he has a reputation as an extrememly tough grader.

Can you please upload "Stewie" , remade in AM

• Hash Fellow
Can you please upload "Stewie" , remade in AM

I can't because, even though i made my own, the school only wants AnimationMentor students to use their characters.

It was an extremely basic character and really just a stick figure, however. You can make one better in A:M!