Hash, Inc. Forums

baking Poses

Willi

hi all,

i have a question.

i have a model with two poses (pose1=percentage, pose2=percentage). now i created a pose3 with pose1=100 + pose2=100.

now i want to make pose3 absolut, i mean i want to bake pose1+pose2 in pose3. is it possible? when i grab all the cp´s and move them back and forward then i get a relative position of pose1 and pose2, but i want them absolut.

what about bone poses. can i bake the cps from that bones?

please help.

If you make the two poses you want baked, open an Action, move the pose sliders to where you want, hit the "Bake (remove constraints) under the "Action" heading on the upper bar, open the new baked action, copy keyframe, make a new percentage pose and then paste that keyframe at 100 it will work and the first two pose sliders will remain at "0"...I tested it and it worked in v13alpha8. That keys the bones, not the mesh though (I didn't try it using muscle...I guess that would work too)...is that what you want?

Hope that helps.

-------------------------------------

EDIT

-------------------------------------

Here's the project after I went through the above steps....it worked for me with muscle as well, I just had to make sure the key filter for it was on. Make sure the "key pose" filter is off though if you don't want those.

O.K., laugh if you want but I am still at the modelling stage of my project and do not understand the term "bake" as it applies to computer animation. Can someone help out with this?

In this instance, it's removing constraints but keeping what the constraints did. They also use the term baking for things like making the lighting in a scene permanent so that the processor doesn't have to calculate it in a video game or something similar. I couldn't tell you every instance where the term is used though, I do a lot of things that I don't know the proper term for. :)