Hash, Inc. Forums

Froggy Boxing Game Release

I am proud to announce the release of Froggy Boxing. This is a one punch and one block button mashing game. If you want tons of fancy characters and moves buy street fighter. If you want to beat up a frog, this game is for you.

There is no installer, just download it to your desktop and run the exe file. Sorry there is no mac version of this game.

Here it is:

http://www.3dfrog.com/wips/froggyboxing/froggyboxing.zip

I hope you have fun playing it. Pass it around to your friends if you think they will like it. Kids will probably like this game the most.

Happy Boxing

post-1974-1139930582_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

Hey that looks neat. Oddly enough, I haven't played a computer game since Frogger.

I have no idea how you put it all together. I'll be curious to see the tut.

I did have problem with the cam getting closer and closer to the fighters until it was apparently inside one of them. I didnt' know how to undo that.

yes, it seems if you have the frog going as far as he can go and the camera is in back of him sometimes the camera keeps advancing until it is inside the frog. I dont know why it does that, the coding for the cam worked on all other angles and uses the same formula. Go figure. If you back up, the camera should back up too, but it is knida screwy when that happens. The best thing to do is just not keep your finger on the advance button when you have the opponent cornered.

This is really the only bug I found so far. Also, The game doesnt play out to a win or lose situation if there is 2 draws or a draw and 1 win and one lose round too. But that is not really a bug. That is just the way it is.

I am glad you folks are interested in learning about this. I will make a tut, it wont take long, it is not too complex (except for the coding but that is for another tut).

It was working ok... but then the Blue Frog bit part of my ear off and the whole thing just got out of control!

Ok, just kidding. I think its brilliant. Instead of writing down instructions on how you did it, why not make one of those video/screen capture CD's and market it with Hash to schools or even colleges that offer introduction courses on 3D game creation? So many people I've talked to say their kids want to be 3D game developers, and institutions all over are racing to try and keep up with the demand for courses about it. Seems like a great marriage to me; Hash, software that's easy to learn and affordable - Froggy Boxing, a great way to learn 3D animaton and game creation. If you package it all up professionally, people will glady pay for it.

Nice work, fun game!

Thanks Folks :)

I am really happy people are enjoying this.

Slipin Lizard, I think you have a great idea. I am gonna make this first tut for free though as my gift to the hash community because I have learned so much from what people have given and I have given so little. I am happy to do it. But an in depth instruction is a good idea. Like make a game and record everything done from start to finish with animation master and game studio.

I thought about studying to be a game artist and work for a company, but I would rather learn on my own and do it independently with the software I like to use and the ideas I like. I would rather be poor and happy. I don't want it to become just another job ever. That would make me so sad. Making tutorials about it is a great idea I haven't thought of as a way to make some extra funds and I would like doing it. Maybe I will do something like this for the next game, nightcrawlers, I will do with gerry mooney and emilio.

C'mon everyone and do some froggy boxing!

Take Care :)

Dennis, congrats on this release. this is pretty exciting and I think it will generate a lot of interest here in the Hash community and from there, the whole world I guess! Best of luck and I'm looking forward to working on Nightcrawlers!

Gerry

Nice work Dennis. Glad to see you got it done.

Weren't you using A6 Game Studio for that?

Greg

David;

Write up the steps of how you made "Froggy Boxing," including pictures. Every kid in every school we sell to will make you their hero. (And it will help A:M too.)

Thanks.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea for the other A:M game developers to contribute something for that as well. Lots of good examples can be found in the game developer's thread (Froggy, Action Bird, Skee Ball, the stuff Will Sutton was working on, and the our stuff), and we just recently contributed to an upcoming article for Game Developer Magazine, extolling the virtues of A:M.

edit: The beauty of this is we're all very small, if not almost individual game makers. Yes, we had some of the A:M greats here make models for us, but the rest was done by a team of 3 of us. 9,500 copies sold in less than 3 months with no advertising. If we can do it, then there's a lot of potential for students to do some cool stuff.

Thanks Guys

I am mostly getting good feedback from folks. Most accept it as it is as a fun silly game. A few people on the game studio forum tell me a million things I should have done. That's ok. I am open to suggestions, no one has been mean and said it sucks or anything. I am expecting a little of that when it gets to download.com though. You can't please everyone.

Yeah Greg, I used a6 for froggy boxing. The tutorial I will make will cover modeling, texturing, animating in animation master for use in a6. Export of model and animation with AMXtex plugin. Edit keyframes with fragmotion (optional). Import into gamestudio. I will not cover programming, maybe just setting up an action at most for your animations if anything, there are plenty of a6 scripting tutorials.

I don't know what engine you used but I will take any help I can get. Triath already said he will help.

C ya later

The tutorial I will make will cover modeling, texturing, animating in animation master for use in a6. Export of model and animation with AMXtex plugin. Edit keyframes with fragmotion (optional). Import into gamestudio.

That in itself will prove a great source of information for any 3D engine we're going into I think, and the work you did alone on Froggy is greatly appreciated.

Nice job and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Greg