Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My First Model!

carterhawk001

This is my very first model ever ever. I have made some stuff in bryce, but it is so different working with A:M. Anyways, I am very welcoming to any comments or tips. Yes, i know the head looks like a box, but I plan on fixing it. Very Highly welcome would be tips about doing the mouth. BTW, I am working on him on the left side, I just used Copy/Flip/Attach to show him off.

Head1

Head2

edited to reduce page load time! :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Thankyou to those of who have thus far commented. I will put up some detail on the mouth tommorow. Joe Jacks -I have been working with bryce for about 3(?) years, but it is all based on geometric objects and boolean stuff, no modeling the way you can with A:M, MAYA, or other 3D apps. I'll post links to my bryce work tommorow, if i can find it, somewhere, on my HD. I Spent most of my free time friday/saturday working on the ears, and they still arent done, i think i am going to work on the ear canal, and bring them a little closer to the head, and fix an ugly looking patch (its small, but i notice). Special thanks to my friend Jeff Dotson for the web hosting, and inspiring me to make a 3D model of my own. Jeff Dotson.com

BTW, do you think he needs eyes??? I am thinking under the top most flap, or on the sides of the big nose thing.

Ok, made some changes, worked on the ear, added lower lip, ear-ring on one ear, I'm thinking of taking a small chunk/cut off his left ear, to give him a real battle/warrior look. Sorry about the lack of a left side, but i didnt have time to C/F/A this morning, had slept in and had to leave in a hurry. Any Ideas for a Name??. Comments Most Definently Absolutely Positively Welcome, Wanted, and Encouraged :)

face.gif

Okay, I need some help here, what I want to do is make the area under the flaps glow red, and i am not sure about how to do it. Should i use a light, or is there a way to make a surface give off light?? the glow doesnt really have to follow the curve of the flaps, just appear to come from underneath it.

Edited in Photoshop

GlowTest.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I like the imagination that went into this but I've got a few suggestions on the modeling:

1) There are lots of creases in the model and places where it's bumpy, for bumpy places you just have to tweak until it looks smooth for creases I'd a) suggest you add porcelain material or B) follow all the rules of splines (e.g. only two splines may go through any one control point)

2)Shape: A few suggestions

.His bottom lip is flat

.His head looks a little squarish

.His gills all look the same(try and make them a bit less uniform)

3)His earing does not seem to affect his skin at all, make his mesh deform to the earing, add a hole there and then put it through (this is a bit nickpicky)

I believe with texturing and the above suggestions(and maybe some eyes!) this character could turn out to be one awesome lookin' dude.

EDIT: please post a wireframe, We could better help you with your model. Just hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard while in the shaded/wireframe mode in the choreography or modeling window.