Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

DISAPPEARING MODELS

T MAC

Hey All,

I have had AM for a week now and I am having some weird things happen. I have been trying to follow one of the video tutorials on walking cycles. I double click the an actor, it opens up, I close that window and double click Actions, set the view to shaded. But, when I try to rotate the model it vanishes leaving only the bones visible. This is happening on a lot of different models. What is causing this?

Thanks for your help!

T MAC

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that when you're rotating the model you're actually going under the ground ? That would cause the model to disappear in shaded view and only the bones to show thru. Try rotating downward a little & see if the model becomes visible again (IOW go above ground).

I have had this happen too in the past. I do not have an x700 ati card, but i had the 9600 series, and now have an ati x850 which does the same thing. First off, hit the "0" key or zero key, to put it in shaded wire frame mode. If this solves the problem. Go to tools, options, and go to the global tab. Change the OpenGL driver to the direct x driver and all will work fine. I don't know why it happens, I thought at first updating the drivers would fix the problem but it does not.

Let me know if this fixes your problem. Maybe if enough of us are experiencing this, we can write to support and try to get it resolved.