Hash, Inc. Forums

FK to IK and back

Maszie

Hi Splinerz,

I have a problem with my Character ... I've animated the whole time with FK an now I need IK

I placed a Null Target into the Chor ... then simply ad the IK - Constraint to the Bone and as Target the Null Target ... but now the Bone is snapping to this Null Target ... I tried to animate the enforcement ... but this is not working ... the bone is still snapping to this Target ... so, is there some way, to solve this problem and get a smooth transition? I can remember, that I saw a Tut on it long ago ... but can not find it at al :(

THX Marcus

• Hash Fellow

I placed a Null Target into the Chor ... then simply ad the IK - Constraint to the Bone

IK constraint? Do you mean a Translate To constraint? I get a smooth transition if I animate the enforcement of a Translate To constraint

I placed a Null Target into the Chor ... then simply ad the IK - Constraint to the Bone

IK constraint? Do you mean a Translate To constraint? I get a smooth transition if I animate the enforcement of a Translate To constraint

No, IK is correct ... sorry for my bad english ...

Look at the attached Pics to see what I mean ...

post-2746-1139554508_thumb.jpg

post-2746-1139554626_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

- First delete the constraint and null ,and pose your bones back to the starting position

- go to frame 0

- Delete all keys

- turn on Key Translations, Key Rotations and Key Branch only. All other key filters off

- select the first bone in the branch

-Shift Force-Keyframe>In all filtered channels

-Add Null

-Advance to frame X and apply Kinematic constraint to last bone in branch and target the null

-your enforcement curve for the constraint should automatically be on Hold interp, don't set it to linear. It will be at 0 until the last frame, then 100

THX for your reply ... but I had a look into the Manual and found, what I was looking for -> Chapter 6: The Doors Stuck, or what was the name ??? is exacliy what I wanted to do ... the Part, where Shagies Hand was attached to the Doorknob with an IK - Chain Constraint was the Interestig part ...

RTFM before asking :lol:

CU Maszie