Hash, Inc. Forums

WATERMARKS?

Stuntmunky90

I haven't heard of a set way to create a watermark in AM, as in "here are the instructions for creating a watermark.." Watermarks are usually done in post, with a simple layer added on top of the finished video, bearing the watermark. However, there is one way you could do it that I can think of.

Create your watermark and save it as a 32 bit Targa file. In AM, with your Chor window open but nothing selected, right click and select New/layer. Import your watermark targa file. With the newly imported watermark selected, right click and select New/Constraint/Orient like... the little eye dropper will appear, click on the camera (you might want to do this in top view, and make sure you can see the watermark and the camera). Next right click on the watermark again and select New/Constraint/Translate to... and again, choose the camera.

Using different views, position the watermark (which is now position right on top of your camera) so its where you want it in your camera frame. You'll want to keep hitting "1" to switch back to camera perspective.

Once you've lined it up, it will follow the camera where ever you position it, and will always appear the same way in your frame. You'll probably want to reduce the watermark opacity by setting its transparency level in the properties window.

One difficulty with this is that if you use depth of field with your camera, you'll have to make sure that the watermark is within range of acceptable focus. This will be a real pain if you're shifting (racking) focus in your shot. There's probably better way, but I tried this and its pretty simple. If you aren't using dof in your shot, it will work just fine.

• Admin

Watermarks can mean different things nowdays.

If you mean watermark as in creating a safeguard by which you can use it to authenticate the image (for example when someone uses it without your permission from your webpage) then the answer is "No, you'll need another application to apply that watermark".

If you mean watermark in the sense that you want to overlay an image over your animation or still image the answer is most definitely "Yes, A:M can do it."

You can apply the watermark in several different ways; via rotoscope, decal, layer etc.

Use of transparancy and/or Alpha Channels is probably going to be required.

For example you can take any image and import it as a rotoscope.

In the rotoscopes properties you can select 'On Top' to have it stay in front of all images.

You can adjust the transparency to soften the effect on your imagery.

Thats a start. Hope I'm not too far away from understanding your question.

Rodney

*Slipin' got his answer in long before me. Don't know how I missed it. Good info!

For example you can take any image and import it as a rotoscope.

In the rotoscopes properties you can select 'On Top' to have it stay in front of all images.

You can adjust the transparency to soften the effect on your imagery.

Hey, no, Rodney, you're solution is way better. Really simple, works like a charm. I knew there had to be a better way.

Ok, so using the instructions Rodney gave, here's the result. Keep in mind you want to use a targa file, with an Alpha, and set the transparency to taste, just as Rodney suggested. You can of course, size the watermark any way you want.

If you're looking for something that's embedded in the file but not seen, sorry, I have no idea.

post-6467-1139519706_thumb.jpg