Hash, Inc. Forums

Juno 60...

In trying to learn modeling I gave myself the task of creating my Juno 60 synth in AM. The shadows are a little dark around the black keys in one of close ups, as I was trying to show of the glowy numbers.

This was a fun build, not 100 percent accurate, but still pretty close. Learned a lot about decaling and using Illustrator, thanks for all the help from Vern and Robocat.

post-6467-1139463482_thumb.jpg

post-6467-1139463522_thumb.jpg

post-6467-1139463588_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. There are seven decals total. The white graphics on the top/center portion is all one decal. I initially was trying to do them seperately, but ran into problems having too many decals on the same patch. Fortunately, I was able to line things up in Illustrator so that when I brought the really complicated decal in, it lined up on the model. This was also easier and faster than bringing in the decals one at a time into AM. Thanks again!

Yeehaa!

Looks great! I am pleased to have been of any help with those pesky decal issues.

Wow! You aren't kidding about those decals, the last I saw, that whole left side of the keyboard was kind of bare... if you had kept going in "the other direction" you would have had like 30 decals on that one tired, overworked patch.

;)

Great job...

I can almost hear the music... ah the memories... I was just out of high school... I had long flowing hair... and I was very skinny... 32 inch waist... the sound of the 80's... Flock of Seagulls... Howard Jones... those were the days...

Vernon "!" Zehr

Thanks guys... Rodney, no, I haven't rigged any part of it, though I might give that shot a little later and try animating. I'll post the wireframe below.

Vern, thanks! Yeah, it was going to be decal city the other way. Doing it all in one shot was the way to go. Flock of Seagulls/Howard Jones... oh man yeah! That's what this synth is all about. The Juno 60 is an analogue synth, that has a warm, almost haunting sound that I've never found matched. I wouldn't part with mine for anything. Can you believe the 80's is totally coming back now? Finally, everyone one has realized what I knew all along... now where are those Miami Vice reruns??

post-6467-1139521283_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...