Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Parrot: -Parrot

Parrot: -Parrot

[attachmentid=14012]

[attachmentid=14013]

Simple - Yes! but less is more and small is beautiful - hoping on some good response - some nice comments!

To give you a clue:

http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subj...a&ci=0199279403

Humans never run out of things to say. We explain, we cajole, we gossip, and we flirt--all with the help of language. But how in the space of several million years did we evolve from an ordinary primate that that could not talk to the strange human primate that can't shut up?

Everyone of us have got some ideas - illusions? - we have to express. We believe in something - parrots do not belive in something - I believe - they just repeat. Sure parrots have some beliefs but they cannot communicate their believs. They cannot make the connection between sound and belief/concept. They cannot use sounds as signs. Most people here and now have got their beliefs from some massmedia - from a specific culture. What to believe in?

If we want to have peace and prosperity we have to look through those mediabeliefs. In Science you have to have a theory - a belief - and you have to prove it a bit and it cannot be disproven to be told to be true. Science is it just a word for trying to tell the truth - but not doing it?

What has this to do with animation? In the world of animation you are totaly free! Or? You have got some animation concepts you try to use. Where have you got those concepts from? What do they express? What do they conceal? What is truth in animation? Or are you just trying to figure out your audience beliefs trying to make them satisfied? A friend to me gave me an advice: I always do what I belive in - there are always the once understanding and appreciating my work so I do not speculate about others beliefs - I do what I do.. I believe everyone is interested in this subject - the truth - but for sure it is hard to get at it - so many just want to stay in their beliefs - that is my belief - trying not to stay in it - staying in it..

:)

Simple - Yes! but less is more and small is beautiful - hoping on some good response - some nice comments!

parrot09.mov

post-8703-1138899353_thumb.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parrot: -Hallo

[attachmentid=14016]

[attachmentid=14017]

Parrot: -Hallo again

[attachmentid=14018]

[attachmentid=14019]

Parrot: -Comments?

[attachmentid=14020]

Parrot: -Comments?

[attachmentid=14021]

:rolleyes:

Parrot: -Comments!

Nice ones most appreciated!

:D

[attachmentid=14022]

[attachmentid=14023]

Parrot: -To be or not to be

[attachmentid=14024]

[attachmentid=14025]

parrot01.mov

post-8703-1138903024_thumb.jpg

parrot02.mov

post-8703-1138903191_thumb.jpg

parrot03.mov

parrot03.mov

parrot04.mov

post-8703-1138903807_thumb.jpg

parrot05.mov

post-8703-1138903897_thumb.jpg

Mr Strohbehn or what´s your name - I am namned fredfrid - try to remember it.

KenH - thanks for a nice comment!

:rolleyes:

PS

This topic is about language - animation is also kind of language. Let us discuss the language of animation.

I want to do it siimple and fast. I believe if we want to have more ones working with Animation Master we have to learn how to do it simple and fast. The clever ones do it a bit more complicated - I appreciate that too!

Still I believe you can use a simple parrot to tell something - make someone think and feel!

So then USE the parrot...make us think and feel something... THAT'S animation! You seem to be trying to express that animation can do more than just tell a story in the traditional fashion. I respect any kind of endeveaor which attempts to push the traditional bounderies of how people feel animation should be used but in the end, no matter how experimental a piece of work is, no matter how untraditional, there is always some underlying theme within the work itself...(unless it's dadaism). That is what i feel this piece lacks. You say you feel even a simple character can tell a story...i agree...but it doesnt, instead you tell the story and then we view the animation. The animation is simply a supplement to the story or idea you are telling. If you truly want the animation to tell the story...then let the animation tell the story, or theme, or preach or whatever it is you want it to do.

Again, i respect any kind of work that tries to show people that animation can be more than a medium that appeals to jsut kids.

SeanC.

Thanks for a nice reply!

If you truly want the animation to tell the story...then let the animation tell the story, or theme, or preach or whatever it is you want it to do.

It is easier to understand if you have some example you like. Some example on AM Films?

Again, i respect any kind of work that tries to show people that animation can be more than a medium that appeals to jsut kids.

If you can touch the kid in the grown-up? And the kids grown-up? If you understand what I am trying to say? Perhaps you have some example you like?

I asked SeanC. for examples. Perhaps 3DArtZ and Paul Forwood also want to discuss on the topic - having some examples of animation you like. Perhaps something from AM Films?

Animation as a language. That is the topic. So let us stick to the topic.

Pro example - Is there some rules you have to stick to animating?

What is the first rule? I believe it is dialectics!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

Broadly defined, Dialectic (Greek: διαλεκτική) is an exchange of propositions (theses) and counter-propositions (antitheses) resulting in a synthesis of the opposing assertions, or at least a qualitative transformation in the direction of the dialogue. It is one of the three original liberal arts or trivium (the other members are rhetoric and grammar) in Western culture. In ancient and medieval times, both rhetoric and dialectic were understood to aim at being persuasive (through dialogue). The aim of the dialectical method, often known as dialectic or dialectics, is to try to resolve the disagreement through rational discussion. One way — the Socratic method — is to show that a given hypothesis (with other admissions) leads to a contradiction; thus, forcing the withdrawal of the hypothesis as a candidate for truth. Another way of trying to resolve a disagreement is by denying some presupposition of the contending thesis and antithesis; thereby moving to a third (syn)thesis. 1

This is the showcase forum, here we discuss finished works, not animation as a language.

Why do we need to discuss what animation is. Animation is many things.

Once you have produced some, come back here and showcase it.

P.S. The parrots beak is rigged wrong. A parrot will only move its lower beak.

Nixie

I hope I can glue those piecies together. And hope someone can become glad looking and listening to them.

:blink:

Our world has gone mad. People here do not understand themselves - manipulated of media and the big money - the bankers. Disney buying Pixar. I was trying to buy Pixar myself - but the price was so heavy. And I believe - the ones on this forum have not got the money either?

:huh:

Man is seven million years old. We have been living in small groups. We have been able to see the one we are talking to. Realizing if the other one understands - becoming glad or sad. Now we are a big group - six billions - some of us are expressing ourselves on some forum. We cannot see each other. And the conversation is sometimes a bit hard to understand. But I hope someday we will understand each other! Let us try to respect each other.

Here an example of my parrot saying: -What´s your handicap?

[attachmentid=14090]

[attachmentid=14091]

And parroting a little more: -Peggy!

[attachmentid=14092]

[attachmentid=14093]

parrot06.mov

post-8703-1139070517_thumb.jpg

parrot07.mov

post-8703-1139070586_thumb.jpg

Fred Frid... no offense man, but if anyone is interested in animation, he/she is mostly into funny pictures... origins of the species and meaning of life are better discussed elsewhere (other forums, your priest, you get the picture...)

btw, Wellcome back, whoever you are!!! ;-D

Well - I have got some good critic on my pieces - someones think they are funny - it depends - everyone has not got the same taste.

To me animation is animation. You can be both funny and serious. I belevie you are sometimes funny and sometimes serious. That´s life. That´s animation.

I have to say I cannot understand people always wanting to be funny. You will get fed up with them. People not being able to have serious wievs they have missed something - missed one eye, one ear, one half of the brain and one half of their heart - they are crippled!

OK! Now that was tough!

This one:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20053

Street Boy, music video on chlid exploitation in India in Production

That is a serious piece - not only laughing - I believe that is good!

We have to respect each other. We are different. We have different opinions.

We express ourselves different using animation exactly as we do as persons. Only laughing all the time? No, that is .....

trajcedrv - perhaps you have done something serious? Give me some example of yours! And I will have a look and tell you my opinion of your work!

You are calling me priest - I believe the ones only doing funny things also are priests - funny priests - preaching the religion of funniness.

And you are telling me do not talk about the origin of life! Why not? We have been here as humans in seven million years - let us try to stay alive some more years. Let us try to be both funny and serious - that is the way to be a honest human - not being funny all the time.

As I see it now there are some bankers playing with us - using Hollywood to cripple our minds and hearts - making us believe animation have to be funny. We can have our own opinion. We do not have to listen to Hollywood and the bankers.

And you are telling me - do not discuss the meaning of life in your animations - To be or not to be. That´s the question. I am not allowed to animate on that? Well!

Animation is about life and death about crying and laughiing about hate and LOVE about everything and nothing and about something!

Hope you can change your opinion, trajcedrv.

And you are welcome to post a link to one of your animations and I will tell you what I think.

Here is one of mine - trying to say something about Hollywood and how it cripples us - making boys to girls and girls to boys. Why - do they do like this? Mixing the sexes? I believe they want to cripple us - they want to make us think and feel about sex - not about everything - not about the bankers money. They are trying to rob us - take our money - taking our identities. For sure there are the ones thinking this is OK! But I do not think so - I do not want to be crippled myself and I do not want to live among others being crippled - crippling me. That is not funny!

[attachmentid=14172]

[attachmentid=14173]

parrot08.mov

post-8703-1139224972_thumb.jpg

Again, I meant no offense... Thing is, I thought that meaning of life should be discussed elsewhere... about the animations: we are here to discuss quality of animations from the technical aspect, or from artistic aspect.. meaning is entirely different matter.

Also, I am not here to compete with anyone (however I'll probably enter mini movie competition if I manage to finish my short in time)

I seriously would not like to enter any prolonged discussions of any kind

Do well!!!

Drvarceto

Thanks for a nice answer!

You told me:

Thing is, I thought that meaning of life should be discussed elsewhere... about the animations: we are here to discuss quality of animations from the technical aspect, or from artistic aspect.. meaning is entirely different matter.

I believe it is impossible to discuss technical and artistic aspects if they have no meaning! no meaning for life! Animation lacking meaning are dead to me! And still they have to be "meaningsless" to say something about life.

Sure I understand what you want to tell me - but I believe you are wrong. Animation is a language and like all languages it is about communicating something - trying to say something - giving meanings to things.

I can tell you this is a coffeecup or this a cup of coffee - two different meanings - coffee and coffeecups having a meaning of life - giving life a meaning - to drink coffee in a nice cup - that is life!

The utmost meaning is meaningsless. You can have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zurvan

Zurvan is the Persian god of infinite time, space and fate. The deity is traditionally represented as being nameless (the name Zurvan being an appellative title), without gender and passions, and neutral in regard to good and evil. However, in certain strains of Zoroastrianism, Zurvan is also the father of the good deity, Ahura Mazda, and the evil deity, Angra Mainyu.

Zarathustra was sitting in seven years meditating and one day he found out this about Zurvan and the two others - the bad one and the good one.

And you can have a look here to understand that the thoughts of this guy has gone into three religions - giving meaning to some billions of people!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

The belief that Good prevails over Evil and God's supremacy over all is similar to that of the Abrahamic faiths, of Judaism, Christianity and Islam

But most of them have not been sitting in seven years meditating - they are just told namnes - using namnes - like coffeecups and coffe - and some superior name - giving meaning to their coffee drinking and ANIMATIONS!

Well if you do not believe me - you better practice it yourself - meditating for a while. I do not find the name Zurvan interesting - you can use some other name of the meaningsless meaning/meaningsfull meaninglessness or you do not have to use a name!

So really I do think and feel this has to do with animation both in technical and artistic aspects. Making an animation we have to use some concepts - like cups and coffe - and some utmost concept to relate those other concepts to - and we have to go beyonde concepts making an animation - because we can blend all concepts thanks to AM!

PS

Perhaps better do it - not talking about it?

I believe we have to do both - talking and doing...

I will be looking forward to look and listen to what you have done for the mini movie competition.

So after having finished your movie - we can perhaps have a little talk...

Nixie that was not rubbish by any means at all.

I know why you "think" it is rubbish... but you are wrong.

Nicely done. Nicely done.

p.s. I am both the guy chasing the money and the guy sleeping on the street... depends on the day of the week and which client hasn't paid me yet.

;)

Vernon "!" Zehr