Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The first of many

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Korken mentioned that he needed to get the LED to look more convincing. So this flashlight has no lens, it is an LED flashlight therefore the LED is open.

Right Korken?

Thats right.

A LED flashlight doesn't have a lens it's just that little trhingie that have a very strong glow.

robcat2075:

Ok, I'll try it!

Eric2575

It is one of many small things I'm about to make to get more skill with A:M.

And thank for the coments!

//Korken

The inside cone now looks lighter than the rest of the casing. Is that because you are trying to simulate that the light is on? If that's the case, the bulb intensity has to be almost blinding. If not, it doesn't look right. Is the cone supposed to be chrome? If so, it shouldn't reflect all that blue since the casing is only visible a tiny bit on the perimeter. Do you have the actual flashlight there in front of you? Look at it and see what I mean. One more thing - I've seen these flashlights with white led's and blue led's. Which one is yours?

Did you use a bump map for the dimples in the head section?

I don't have anyone infront of me it is 100% fanasy flashlight.

The LED is blue in that pic but I have tested red, white, yellow and black.

I've tried to make it look on and off to but I can't get the right feel to it. :unsure:

Yes, the bumps on the front is a bumpmap.

//Korken

It all depends on the surroundings and the ambient light you've got. If you turn on a flashlight in bright daylight and you're not looking into the cone, you won't even know it's on. Shine it in a dark room and you'll certainly know it's on. Shine it in a dark and dusty room and you'll even see the beam reflecting off the dust (volumetric).

Sooooo, what do you want to do? Every situation has a different solution. Btw, it's always, ALWAYS a good practice to have some kind of reference material in forn of you. How can you get the feel of something that you have no reference for other than some vague recollection. In criminology, it's said that eye witnesses are the worst evidence in a trial because we tend to see what we want to believe, not what is really there.

Now take that to your next project and don't get hung up on that flashlight. Modeling is one thing, lighting is a whole nother can of tomatoes. You're doing great, be patient and keep working on the basics.