Hash, Inc. Forums

MAAM User Group...

ddavis

I saw strange animals from the north crossing an ice bridge between continents to explore this new world of cold and frozen land...

... or... maybe it was just a big dog in someone's car at the WAWA... it might have been just a big dog.

I'm still shivering... but we did have fun... I wouldn't want anyone to think the cold was the only memorable thing about our gathering...

I smell of curry and shrimp... and cookies! A whole bag of cookies and they are all mine... I only ate four on the way home...

... Oh... I should mention something about A:M from the meeting... uh... nice ships!

Glad to see you got home okay Rich... unless... you found some kind of all night internet cafe near the bus station.

;)

Figures... everyone mentions that I appear to have lost weight... and then I eat 50 million cookies.

p.s. We should try and use the cookies as enticements to encourage more people to travel to our meetings... of course that would mean less for me... but we all must make sacrifices.

Vernon "mnuy mopurth isd fuulll" Zehr

I have to say I really felt so comfortable at this meeting... Don, the meeting place is just beautiful. It was perfect! I'd have to say that at this meeting everyone was at their best! So much beautiful work and inspiration. I'm officially the meeting jester- next meeting I will find the "court jester" hat or something similar.

Thanks soooo much for the T-shirt Don... I wanna see your first posted model on the forum (somewhere even e-mail) by 12:00 PM Sunday 26th of February! Completed or unfinshed, it doesn't matter. That's your homework assignment. If you post it on the forum... you get an automatic A+! :D otherwise I will be posting to let you know what I think.

Thanks so much for taking me all the way into Vineland!

Hi Guys,

The MAAM Meeting was awesome! Thank you Don for hosting another meeting. Your place in Philly was great. Conference table, projector and everything.

It was great for Vern and Zach to show there latest works! PS, I hope everyone has subscribed to Zach's pod cast already! You should, it’s awesome!

I thought it was interesting that there were some similarities between the space ships that rich and i designed! Looks like there might be a little future collaboration on a possible "Sci-Fi" Project in the future... Hmmmm... Rich, Maybe we can begin collaboration.

Thanks everyone for a great meeting.

We might try to plan another before wizard world.

Definatly Fun. I will have the VIDEO from the MAAM Meeting up for the MAAM Members. (Not available to the public forum just yet... the video mat need a little "Editing". Maybe ill put up the best parts from the meeting... I think John R. recorded the entire thing... thats liek 3-4 hours. and i am sure no one will want to watch the entire thing.

PS, i downloaded 13 alpha and i am now playing with the Ambiance Occlusion render to see what i can come up with. Thanks Zach. I know this is going to be cool!

I had a serious blast. :) Well, actually, the blast was kinda frivolous. Still a blast.

Yes please edit portions of my presentation as requested.

And remember... the camera puts 10 pounds on you... and there may have been several cameras.

-----------------

I especially enjoyed Rich's humble presentation...

"I didn't bring anything to show you guys... except for this incredible ship with some fantastic renders.. and these realistic overhead fluorescent lights."

The AI wizard RULES!

"How'd you model those beveled holes?"

Rich and I in unison: "AI WIZARD!"

p.s. We plan to run Hubukai and Entity through the teleportation pod and merge them into one person to finish that ship design... I think we should throw a fly in there as well (or a chinchilla) just to see what happens. They will probably come out looking like Jeff Goldblum and start pitching Macintosh.

p.s.s Rich looked even younger this time. And he didn't bring the painting. Pretty soon he will only post in the new user section.

p.s.s.s Seaquest WAS a great show I tell you! Buy season one on DVD right now!

Vernon "The cookies are gone" Zehr

Once again it was my pleasure to provide a place where we could all get together.

You guys astound me with your AM skills and the things you produce.

(and the cookies, John...I really would appreciate that recipe) If we ever design a logo for our group it must include cookies. Thanks also John for bringing your shy yet powerful PC for our use.

Thanks Zach for all your efforts and congrats again on the iTunes thing, I can't possibly imagine trying to come up with an idea for an animation every week, or month for that matter, all hail ZBG!!!

Rich, don't know if I will make your deadline but I will try... thanks for those modeling metaclorians, I was just curious are they good or evil???

Vern, you come up with some pretty astounding ideas. It's a shame the "aliens" are taking them at night and using them as the basis for their world domination thing.

Perhaps we should create a universe, set up some rules, develop some models make it all available through the forum and see where the story goes. Might be fun.

I'm hoping we can do this again sometime soon, only next time it should be warmer.

It was great for Vern and Zach to show there latest works! PS, I hope everyone has subscribed to Zach's pod cast already! You should, it’s awesome!

Zach, I love what you show everytime! Eventualy I will subscribe. It really inspires me to learn how to animate, but I'm afraid I will never have the quality that is in your animations... why didn't I get the "animator gene" too?

I thought it was interesting that there were some similarities between the space ships that rich and i designed! Looks like there might be a little future collaboration on a possible "Sci-Fi" Project in the future... Hmmmm... Rich, Maybe we can begin collaboration.

Next meeting... the DVD will be available along with the bonus DVD with 6 hours of explanation on how we did it-(I have A.D.D., as you could tell at the meeting) :unsure:

Definatly Fun. I will have the VIDEO from the MAAM Meeting up for the MAAM Members.

When??? Oh my GOD!!! How many times did I stutter?? Uh-oh.

mtpeak2 Posted Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Hmmm, I may have to try to get to one of these meetings someday, though I don't really have much to contribute.

That's my line!-- Dude, if you only knew... you don't have to bring anything really... you could just bring "ideas" and it would be fine... and If you brought some cokes... that would bring tears to Zach's eyes... and cookies, that would fill Vern up... or "another lap-mac" to the meeting, but please show up!

PLEASE?

p.s.s.s Seaquest WAS a great show I tell you! Buy season one on DVD right now!

:rolleyes:...and then burn them!

Rich, don't know if I will make your deadline but I will try... thanks for those modeling metaclorians, I was just curious are they good or evil???

I'm a "Sith Lord" so I guess they are -HEHEHEHAAAA- evil! Four 5-point patches can make the crouch area? Only on a toon.

:lol:

Guys,

I am really sad that I missed the meeting now. My plane landed at Philly airport at 3:15 PM and I didn't get out and on the road until 4:10 PM, so I figured I missed it all. I will do all in my power to get there for the next meeting (when will that be?) if only to defend the honor of my wife's cookies. We can have a bake off! I would like to see the video when it is available. Let me know how I can get my hands on it.

Scott

WoW, I just realized that Zack has immortalized Don Davis and Rich Jackson in his latest Olympic vodcast!

And ya know, I would have done you, too, John, if I knew how to pronounce your last name. :D

OHHH my GOD!! I wish I really did sound that good! And you even fit the "actually" in there where I would have said it. That was great! You really got me wondering how you did that ice, though! Must have been a pain. I definately would've donated my voice if you wanted. Or in the future now that I have a mic. So, if you ever need a really geeky type voice or one like "Heffer" (from "Rocko's modern life" cartoon-Nickelodeon-) I'm perfect for it.

Thanks,

That made my evening!

Here is my best guess on how to pronounce my last name...

John Hugh – Bick – E

Wow, I understand you might not be able to get it into a script which is fine. I am glad my mac is set to just add your podcast automatically!

Now i have to ask... it looks like the Olympic vodcast was done with the new lighting in R13? Yes? No? Im just guessing.

Nice work!

Now i have to ask... it looks like the Olympic vodcast was done with the new lighting in R13? Yes? No? Im just guessing.

Yep. I used a free HDR image which I converted to a jpeg (because I didn't have enough memory to handle the original) and made that the target for Image-Based Lighting. (see http://www.hash.com/users/zachbg/vodcastblog for more info...)

Zack,

I dont know if you realize, but the new MacMinis came out today!

1.66 DUO (dual core ) for 799$

im ordering one tonight for sure!

The lighting looks good. i am going to mess with it.

I wonder how long it will take to get AM - Intel Mac Duo support?

• 1 month later...

It has been a few months since the MAAM Meeting and I keep thinking about the good time had by all. Well, the fire in my AM furnace did not die that day. It basically got a bunch of Gasoline thrown on it. What the heck am I talking about? I can’t tell you just yet, It’s super Secret! Super Top Secret Even! I may get in trouble for even posting the idea that something in the Hubukai realm of animation Master work is afoot but its late, I’m tired and i have only increased my AM output since the meeting.

If anyone actually reads this post, then they will have to wait for the big unveiling.

"He was our last hope. No, There is another!" Yes, the Imperial Alliance has been created!

Im thinking a meeting before the Comic book show would be appropiate if anyone is interested in working with me on setting a date for the next MAAM Meeting.

I missed the last one and I was really bummed. When is the comic book show? Would a May meeting support your need? I am making the bold assumption that Don will host us again, but May Saturdays would probably work OK for me. May 6th and 13th work best. I might be able to do the 20th and I could also do the 29th of April (if you want to consider that a really early May Saturday!).

I'll do what I can to support the next meeting date.

Scott

Well,

Glad to see you guys are all ready for another meeting.

I was going to wait for another week or two before initiating this discussion but what the hell!

Ya know what..I'm going to start a new post for this. See ya all on the other side