Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

IM HOME

8up

Hello all,

I have built a 8ft, high 6ft wide, and 5ft deep sound proof computer room. The walls are 8in thick using various sound baffles. At the end of the month i am going to order my computer(ABOUT TIME). This computer is going to be for the sole purpose of making a 2-D cartoon like the simpsons. I needed a 3-d program with bone structure that converted to 2-d. I am going to have no programs except for animation and windows xp pro on it. I have a laptop off to the left to surf the web and listen to music so this one will be off line. The computer spec's are as follow's:

2048mb pc3200 ddr400 memory

300gb 7200rpm 16mb serial ata hard drive

2- nvidia geforce 7800gt 256mb ddr3 16x pci express graphics cards

asus vento case with 500 watt power supply

DUAL CORE amd athlon 64x2 3800 processor

nvida nforce 4 sli chipset mb dual 16x pci express

m audio audiophile 24/96 soundcard

lg 16x dvd +-rw drive and lg 16x dvd-rom

At the same time i am going to order:

ViewSonic VX924 19" 3 MS Xtreme Gaming LCD Display Monitor

M Audio DMP3 Microphone Preamp and Direct Box (with Phantom Power)

Heil PR-40 Full Range Dynamic Mic

AND THE HASH ANIMATION PROGRAM

My question is about the dual nvidia 7800 graphics cards. They cost a few hundred a peice. Will my naked eye even be able to tell if i am running dual cards or should i pocket the money? Is my equiptment able to make a cartoon with this program on the profesional level IYO?

BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SITE FOR MY WHOLE LIFE! LOOK OUT WORLD HERE I COME!!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Hello all,

I have built a 8ft, high 6ft wide, and 5ft deep sound proof computer room....

Sounds like a great set up.

My question is about the dual nvidia 7800 graphics cards. They cost a few hundred a peice. Will my naked eye even be able to tell if i am running dual cards or should i pocket the money?
A:M won't render or perform any faster for having two video cards. I do like having two monitors so I can spread the control panels out. I like the ATI Radeon cars that can drive two monitors from one card.
Is my equiptment able to make a cartoon with this program on the profesional level IYO?
A:M is certainly powerful, but as I imagine you already know, the biggest factor is the user's talent, focus and time.

BTW, you'll want to frequent the "anime" forum here for tips on "toon" rendering

BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SITE FOR MY WHOLE LIFE! LOOK OUT WORLD HERE I COME!!!!
Welcome!

• Admin
I have built a 8ft, high 6ft wide, and 5ft deep sound proof computer room....

First... Welcome home!

I am curious... is your computer inside or outside of this room?

I ask as I'm imagining the noise that even computers can generate inside such a room.

This probably won't matter much unless or until you work with sound. Ummm... maybe.

Good luck on your project!

Rodney

SINCE THE ROOM IS AIR TIGHT : I put a 100cfm bathroom fan with 3in duct in a squared off box (I am guessing 30in x 30in x 30) under the right side of the desk. On the left i built the same box and put in a 3in duct for fresh air flow. This space will let me run all of my cords thru the wall to a little stand that will hold my comp on the outside of the room(just outside the door). True i will also have the laptop in the room but i will shut it off before recording. I wanted to make a half bowl shaped sound blocker with audio foam but thought it would run cooler outside the room with a fan on it. I even got a $10 plug in power switch with remote at menards. Now will be able to turn the main comp on from inside the room. When i get the whole set up done i will post some pic's. The mic is a dynamic which picks up fewer sounds in the background since this is a comp room and sound room. I have screwed around with toon boom a bit with some bad voice changer programs. The i got smart and got on homerecording.com and searched for days to find a soundcard pre-amp and mic combo that would work for me. I even have some friends to do the voice over for me when the time comes.

Here are a few pic's. I am getting more done on it everyday. I know its going to take some time but i got it easy while others are tring to go high def i am keeping it simple.

leftroom.jpg

rightroom.jpg

fanroom.jpg

thickroom.jpg

I still need to lay the carpet, add the 2in acustic insulation to the outside, and put the fronts on my air system to the left and right

Here is one of the outside. Notice the door needs a few layers yet. The insulation is going on the outside only!! i dont wnat to be breathing that stuff in. I am going to extend the air supply tube 10in past the outer wall and put a car type air filter on it!!

outsideroom.jpg

One of the mic. Its the same one Art Bell(Coast to coast A.M. radio) has

PR-30-on-SM-2-cbs_300.jpg

Do you like the 1megpix photos. :rolleyes:

........Its not small to me. I can stand with plenty of room above my head. I can sit in the middle and extend my arm to both sides and still not touch the wall. Sitting in it just makes me feel like i am sitting in a regular size work office space (you know the box with no view). The room that my box is pictured in is 11ft high and i took the pictures standing on a chair. It fit's like a race car. I can even prop my foot up on my sub and stretch out.

........I work 2nd shift getting in late with people living above and besides me. I needed a loud room.