Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
triath5147

SUPER SKEE BALL

Hi just wanted to post some screenies of the latest game made by me and my freinds at Romac Studios. It was made in 3 weeks using AM for all of the graphics, and A6 game studio for the other stuff.

1635870396.jpg

It is a new spin on an old school arcade game. You can win tickets to unlock 5 different back ground scemes, and 16 different balls. Buy balls with your tickets, with more speed, more accuracy even the ability to jump, to avoid obstacles on the ramp. A WORKING DEMO will be available by mid January for download, after the beta testing. The full version will be available about a month after that. I will post the link to the demo as soon as it is up and available.

made in 3 weeks using AM for all of the graphics, and A6 game studio for the other stuff

Color me impressed!

Looks great.

Rodney

This looks awesome triath. You guys do really good work.

My nephews were excited to try the action bird game I got them for christmas. I don't know if they got to play it yet though.

Let me know what they thought, my daughter is 7, and really likes the puzzle part of the game, but she thinks the wonder sphere part is way too hard

Goood.. Usering any shaders A6 for this game?

Nope, no shaders. It is all lighting created in AM. The game uses all AM models, and collision is handled by invisible world geo. So everything you see, is actually models shaded and lit in AM choreography.

Well our efforts fell through with Skee Ball Inc. So we had to rename the game to Super Slam Ball. So I had to make some new skins for some of the models. but the demo is amazingly still on schedule.

Very cool. Looks like it'll be lots of fun.

Did you use the Obsidian exporter for this?

OK peeps, here is a link to the beta of the demo. Sound FX and Music are not implimented for file size. It is still just beta, so if you experience any irritating or annoying bugs please let me know. It is made with Game Studio, so it does not support MAC, it is a windows application, ( sorry MAC).

here is the link:

http://www.superslamball.com/demo/super_sl...l_beta_demo.zip

enjoy!

Looks great Triath. Three weeks you say! In the demo, I didn't notice any instructions. But I worked out how to do it....press spacebar. Graphics are amazing....did you make the girl? Also, I found getting power to be abit too tricky...I did better closing my eyes! :D

yes sorry we forgot a read me in the zip. In the demo the space bar and mouse are all thats needed. the wood ball which is the first ball is the hardest to use, cause it has very low attributes. As you complete the goals, you win tickets. with the tickets in the full version you can buy better balls, and levels, so the ball is easier to control. In the higher levels, there are ramps, and obstacles as well, that u will need the better balls, to steer around, and jump over as u roll down the alley. keep playin and see if you can complete all of the goals, also tell me if there are any bugs you find, as this is the beta, and not the demo with sound, that will be released when the game is ready for sale. Yes absolutely everything that you see I created in AM, even the fonts.

actually i may have some ftp space to use again, because we are putting super slam ball on a site

once the tutes are uploaded ill post the link for ya to download

here is the link to the tutes you asked for. try not to be too critical as they are old. but alot of the info is still valid.

www.romacproductions.com/tut/tutorials.zip

I finally got around to trying this demo. It is awesome! You guys really impress me. I will buy a copy when it is available. I kind of stink at it though lol.

Nice! I am looking forward to this game. I see they put super slam ball screenshots on the gamestudio page. Nice Exposure. Great work from you as always!