Hash, Inc. Forums

Application of CP weights

wwoelbel

Rigging Masters -

I have followed the Squetch rig development for quite some time and actually have some semi-free time to experiment. I can follow the installation instructions fairly well right upto the point at which we are to assign geometry to bones through CP weighting. Is there any material out there that I can look at or work through that would help me understand how to complete this task?

Your thoughts and patience is greatly appreciated.

Bill

There's no step by step tutorial at the moment, Bill. However, I show the method I use for weighting CP's in my Face Rigging Tutorial (toward the end of part 2). Squetchy Thom is a decent reference for a place to start. Your model will of course be different, but for a ballpark it's useful.

Geometry should be assigned to bones with "geom" in their name. Once the plugin is done, the "geom" bones are left visible in the bones window. You can rough in the CP assignments in the bones window and then open up an Action and use the "show_geom_bones" pose in the "Show_and_Hide_Rig_Components" tab of the pose sliders menu to expose them for weighting in there.

Hope that is helpful. Eventually there will be a full-fledged installation tutorial. If you run into any issues let me know.