Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Need to brighten up this guy's eyes

The lenses are clear, but they do block a lot of light to his eyes. I tried bumping up the ambience on the eyeballs, but that has the effect of washing out his irises (simple color decals).

Is there a way I can brighten up his eyes without washing out the pupils? I'd rather not use geometry for the irises unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks!

Nos

post-139-1134637868_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant help you regarding the light problem, actually I have had similar problems myself with "glass materials" that shuts out light, without knowing why...

I'm posting this just to let you know that your model is GREAT. Gives me associations to "bob the builder", and that is in a positive way

Regards

Stian

Is there a way I can brighten up his eyes without washing out the pupils? I'd rather not use geometry for the irises unless I absolutely have to.

Why add more lights than neccessary? I suggest the Oren-Nayer diffuse render shader, and just adjust the brightness. Light lists, in my not-so-humble-opinion, are a pain in the ***.

I cant help you regarding the light problem, actually I have had similar problems myself with "glass materials" that shuts out light, without knowing why...

I'm posting this just to let you know that your model is GREAT. Gives me associations to "bob the builder", and that is in a positive way

Regards

Stian

Thanks, Stian. I appreciate the encouragement!

Nos

I'd consider a light list as well.

It gives you more control, and we NEED control lol

Good work Nos!

David

Thanks, David. I'll let you know how it turns out with the light list method.

Nos

Why add more lights than neccessary? I suggest the Oren-Nayer diffuse render shader, and just adjust the brightness. Light lists, in my not-so-humble-opinion, are a pain in the ***.

I agree, it's going to be a pain. I don't know anything about this Oren-Nayer shader where can I find/learn about it?

Nos

what I do is make the falloff properties 60% this gives a nice bright appearence, if thats not enough then I create a LIGHT LIST and have lights shine on his eyes.......

Darklimit, You win the grand prize! Your idea about adjusting the falloff properties worked perfectly, though I'm not sure exactly why that serves to brighten the center of the sphere. Thanks for the great idea.

And thanks to all for your great suggestions!

Nos