Hash, Inc. Forums

London Calling!

Disco Fish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any other London A:M users fancy a get together?

The forum is a total lifeline, but it would be good to meet some actual humans

Trevor :)

Hi Journeyman, I'm not London - Maidenhead - so meeting isn't difficult. I need face to face time with someone to help me figure this out - I don't learn from tutorials and manuals! Would you be interested in helping me?

Cheers

Neil

I journey into London now and then and there have been meetings on occasion. They fizzled out recently but we will see...

I like your work by the way (looked at your website).

Hi John,

not sure where you are based, I'm in maidenhead, would like to meet - I really need face to face time with someone to help me figure this out - I don't learn well from manuals and tutorials! Would you be interested in spending a bot of time with me, to set me int he right direction? The 'manual' that came with AM has got somewhat battered with frustration!

Cheers

Neil

Hey Neil

If you don't like learning from tutorials and manuals I fear you might find this whole thing a bit of an uphill struggle....I've been dilligently going through the exercises and have still not found it easy. Ground to a bit of a halt myself in recent weeks and would relish the chance to meet some other hashers face to face.

The sort of help you're looking for would normally involve forking out large wads of cash (but it doesn't exist for a:m)...the forum is a fantastic resource and I've found people very generous with their help, but it helps if you know what you're asking...and if you're asking the most basic questions, the suggestion will probably be to read the manual.

There are some excellent video tutorials out there that you can just follow step by step...apart from what's available here, check out the Anzovin site, that might sort you out

good luck

Trevor

Well the BAMUG, LAMUG, GLAM or whatever has had three meetings in the two years so it seems like a bi-annual sort of thing. I missed the last one at the Mac Show and was pretty pissed off about it but it would be nice to start the new year with another get to gether to see how everyone is geting on.

Parlo normally hires the Chocolate Factory but I am sure another venue can be sorted out - I might even be able to sort one myself.

John, Sam, Stephen, Steve, Stuart, Paul what say yee? I would love to know what is happening with 'Ninja Sticks' hint, hint...

• 3 months later...

Not about a "get together" but definitely a London user's question.

I'm about to attempt my first animation in A.M. I'm in Twickenham, Middlesex, and just wondered if there was anyone close by who could act as a security blanket for when I do something stupid!

The animation I have is a small project for a friend's band, so IF I do need help I can't pay top rates but I don't expect something for nothing. We would have to negotiate a flat fee where you say what you're willing to do for the sum. Ideally I want to have someone close enough so if I hit a problem I can look over their shoulder to see what he/she does and learn that way.

Anyone interested?