Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Porkins needs your help!

When I bought AM and saw the cool Chewbacca model (great job whoever did that), it reminded me of something I've always wanted to see: Chewie playing some chess and ripping some poor sap's arms off. I know, not terribly original, but I still want to do it. So of course, my next step was to build an opponent. And who better than the greatest rebel pilot who ever lived, the TRUE hero of the rebellion (not that twiggy blond brat, somebody hand him a samich!), a real man who doesn't eject when the going gets tough....PORKINS!

Actually, as an aside here, I was very sad when William Hootkins died not too long ago, and was really weirded out too, as there's a good chance I was working on this model the moment he died. Brrrrr. We'll miss you, Bill. Since then my little project has taken on even more significance for me, maybe that's why I'm now so obsessed with getting it just right.

Originally, I wanted to make him look cartoony because it would fit best with the tone of the animation. I did some drawings and they were AWFUL. I can draw realistically well enough, but for the life of me I can't seem to make a decent cartoony character design. So I figured I'd just make it realistic looking, but I'm unhappy with the look: http://chriswilson.ca/porkins.html

Long story short, I was hoping someone could give me some help on how to make him more cartoony. I tried just changing his proportions, but without a cartoony face, he just looks like, well, a dwarf.

Also, can anyone comment on the topology? Is it too dense? I added some splines into the pelvis area because I wasn't sure if it would deform correctly...but now I'm wondering if I should remove them. What about his face? I've got this big five point patch on his cheek that is making a ugly crease that's driving me nuts and I'm having trouble relocating it.

Anyway, thanks for any advice.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic