Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rigging Problems

Odog2020

Okay, I just used the 'Squetch Rig', and before I go further, I would like to say that it is great, easy to set up and control.

Now for my question. After I rigged my character up, I went to the action window to see how everything was working, and see what smartskin I had to apply, and this is what I found

[attachmentid=11857]

Now I know why the stomake is skinny, that is one of my poses, but what I don't under stand is why my models feet turned sideways, and why the arms detached from the torso (I didn't attach them in modeling, but did place them inside the torso)

To give you a better Idea of what you are looking at, here is what the model window looks like.

[attachmentid=11859]

And here is what the bone window looks like.

[attachmentid=11858]

Any suggestions, on how to solve these two problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the rig and the plug in by the way.

James

post-7171-1133384602_thumb.jpg

post-7171-1133384620_thumb.jpg

post-7171-1133384635_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what's up with the arms, James...but the feet look like the feet bones aren't centered inside of the feet. If you post it, I'll take a look.

Yeah, that would be great, I kindof got that idea about the feet bones not being centered, but I havn't been able to work it out yet, but here is the .prj file. I think I still need some work on assigning CP's havn't quite got that down yet, anywyas, thanks again.

James

The AM in the file name is for Alien Man

[attachmentid=11864]

AM_Rig_test.zip

Okay, the feet should be alright now (as far as I can tell at least). I assigned the first spline ring of the arms to the chest like Mark suggested, but I didn't do any CP weighting other than that. There's still a lot of CP weighting and such and I didn't check any other aspects of the rig, so, there could be other things that I didn't catch. Give this a try, James.

Okay, the feet should be alright now (as far as I can tell at least). I assigned the first spline ring of the arms to the chest like Mark suggested, but I didn't do any CP weighting other than that. There's still a lot of CP weighting and such and I didn't check any other aspects of the rig, so, there could be other things that I didn't catch. Give this a try, James.

Okay, thanks, I will give it a try, I still have to do all the smart skin, but I am not sure what the cp weighting is?? Thanks again James

Okay, thanks, I will give it a try, I still have to do all the smart skin, but I am not sure what the cp weighting is?? Thanks again James

CP weighting is where you assign the control points to the bones with varying percentages being able to be assigned to each point...you can assign more than one bone to control a point in the mesh. You can do things like assign 10% from one bone, 70% to another and 20% to a third. As long as it adds up to 100% you're OK. There is a Tech Talk located here (72 megabytes) and I show some CP weighting in my face rigging tutorial located here (two parts, about 60 megabyte each).

Hope that helps.