Hash, Inc. Forums
gschumsky

Our first game review is in!

Great review!

I almost want to get this game... (unfortunately I shun video games.... like the Amish shun sinners).

It almost seems a tad unfair that you couldn't get reviewed in a more traditional game venue. Unless maybe this is possible in the future.

If the game play is fun... for kids... and it stands up in quality... I guess the tough thing is the overt religious content... which can be as offensive to some parents as sexual and violent content is to others... one man's meat is another man's poison...

Congratulations and wishes for continued success. It sounds to me like all the hard work was worth it and it really showed in the final product.

Vernon "!" Zehr

Nice review. I think some of his criticisms could have been deterred if he saw it more through a kids eyes, which he tried to do but not really.

Congratulations. It is great they liked the a:m graphics. This is inspiring for my game :)

@Vern: 100%

"Crist Centered Game Reviews"... didn't know that something like this exists. Are there any other special game-sites or games for other religions? Like "Muslim-Man" or "Shiva-Girl"? Just wondering...

Cheers,

David

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, not a bad review, and we do have the game out to some other reviewers as well (not just Christian review sites). Only problems I had were where he said the graphics were too small, and not a lot of replay-ability. Players can zoom in and out whenever they want (the game looks great at full-screen mode though), which is explained all over the place, and as far as being replayable, there are a lot of cool hidden items in the game one has to take the time to look for (including some cheats found in different books). Also, had he played at the medium difficulty, even choosing Biblegirl wouldn't have made the game too easy. I've played the game a number of times at that setting and still haven't been able to get past the 4th level.

Still, 4 out of 5 stars ain't bad.

As far as religious content, well, you can play the game without using any of the Bibles found in the game, but they're nice to have, since they restore spiritual health (every time you get hit, it decreases), and take out one bad guy. So, it's not really overt at all. In other words, you want to use scripture to help defeat evil, then you can. Otherwise, you're on your own. And, parents who are offended by Christ and God probably won't even buy the game.

DeeJay: Funny you should bring that up. Though I don't know the answer, we had one potential investor ask if we'd also make a "Quran Man" game. Know of any kids shows with a Muslim super hero? I mean besides Osama?? My answer was "no".

Hi Greg!

I guess the islamic world has also some "super heroes", some kind of modern sindbad or similar (forget about this Osama stuff...).

They also have an islamic Barbie, so what?

But that's another story, I was just wondering because I doubt that you can sell games like this here in germany (no market for this).

Cheers,

DJ

Well, that certainly is different.

You know, I didn't think of any Islamic superheroes from the past per se (Sinbad is a good one, even Aladdin, thouhg that was actually based on Chinese culture). I don't think they have any faith-based superheroes though. Wonder what one's weapons of defense would be though (something similar to the Full Armor of God, i.e. wastebelt of truth, helmet of salvation, sword of the spirit, shoes of peace, shield of faith, breastplate of righteousness), since in our game players are now allowed to attack enemies, only defend themselves against incoming attacks.

As far as Germany, the game might do pretty well. The Pope is German. Also, the band who did music for the game has quite a following there. There may be no market yet because no one has probably tried to sell family-friendly, Christian video games over there. But there's always a first.

...the Full Armor of God, i.e. wastebelt of truth, helmet of salvation, sword of the spirit, shoes of peace, shield of faith, breastplate of righteousness
You forgot to include the Pinkie Ring of Purity and the Healing Hankie, not to mention the Special Spirit Spats. ;)

This game ain't my cup of tea, but congratulations on the completion.

Steve.

I might buy this game for my unlce, he's a minister not far from Oslo(where I live), if it's possible to get it shipped to Norway?

Will: Thanks! No, not in Wal-Mart this season. But we'll be ready with this and another game for next March, when they do their Christmas buying. In the meantime we're doing a big grassroots campaign, going to big churches (Saddleback, etc.), and we're shooting a spot for ABC Family Channel as well.

Dave, Steve. Thanks Guys. Pinkie ring of Purity...I'll have to remember that one :lol:

Jage: You can order online either from http://www.bibleman.com for $39.95, or Family Christian for $29.95 (http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?prodID=13484), as well as some other places (google Bibleman video game). Or if you wait a couple weeks we'll be selling it online as well. I believe the other sites will ship pretty much anywhere.

Thanks again everyone for the great support and kind words.

Greg

Thanks guys. :D

Bruce: You're in Colorado? I'll have to remember that next July when I'm in Denver for a few days.