Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

T. rex skull

Hey Everyone!

been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd show off my newly polished T. rex skull. I started building this way back when, but I just recently got my hands on a great scale model of one, so I thought I'd try to fix it (you can see an older render of it in my avatar).

Some things about the render: The model is just under 4600 patches, and this render uses the cool new radiosity features, so there's just one klieg light in it, and it took just over 30 minutes to render on my 2.3 GHz Athlon64.

http://www.dinocarl.com/trexskull.jpg

Carl

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOoOoo

GIMME THAT THING SO I CAN LIGHT IT FOR YOU! ;-)

Wegg, if you're serious, I'd be honored to let you at it. Contact me offline and I'll make arrangements for you to get it.

Otherwise, I'll post another render that's more brightly lit.

And thanks for the positive feedback so far, guys!

Nice model m8! Although now I think it is far too brightly lit... I liked the moody dark one but it was too dark - I am looking forward to seeing what Wegg can do with it.

My only criticism is the the textureing on the teeth... they look way too polished. Perhaps some faint cracks in them or just a hint of roughness...

Thanks for reminding me about the teeth, gazzmataz. I had intended to add some bumpiness to them. I made a newer render that is a lighter than the first and darker than the second and has the bumpy teeth, though they're a little hard to see in this render. I'm still digging on this new radiosity renderer!

http://www.dinocarl.com/trexskull3.jpg

Thanks for reminding me about the teeth, gazzmataz

Hmmm that's much better! I like this render :D

On a technical point this skull looks like one you would find after the animal had died and it flesh rotted away - I mean it is real bone as opposed to fossilized bone... All the bones you ever see in museums are grey or black or dark brown.

I really must have a go at this radiosity rendering myself, is it hard? Does it take ages to render? Now, off to find a model to render...

BTW, are you going to add the rest of the body?