Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

constraint questions

cribbidaj

I'm running into problems with a pose similar to the "Shaggy/Doorknob" tutorial in the Hash manual. I am trying to constrain both of my human model's hands to the handle of a pushcart model so that as the human model's rig moves through a walk cycle the hands stay locked in place on the cart's handle. I'm using a compensated IK constraint on the forearm bones and a compensated "Orient like" constraint on the hand bones (as suggested in the "Shaggy" tut)). The hands stay oriented like the handle bone, but they still leave the handle as the spine pulls the arms during the walk cycle. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the book, it sais to do both constrainst on both the forearm and the hands, and make sure you push the componsate button at the top of the screen. I think I have an idea of what you are talking about, so I watched this tut yesterday, it could help you out with what you are doing. Good luck

constrainst

if the link doesn't work, it is on the hash.com page, click the video tut... link, and scroll down the page, there are more below the book tuts....

Good luck

Thank you for responding. The link works, so I'll give it a go and see if I'm able to apply it to my project. In the meantime, I've added both constraints to my model and the results are better, but not yet perfect. I'll spend some time with it but may need assistance in the future.

- Chris

I'll spend some time with it but may need assistance in the future.

- Chris

Well, that is what the forum is for, not only to help new comers with A:M, but to also help the veterans with their projects. By the way, did you ever do the exercises in the book, if not, I suggest that you do those, and get them posted on the New Users thread, they can help alot, after that, hit the ABC, so you can become active in community projects, and expand your knowledge of the program. If you have already done so, then good job, and stay motivated with A:M, its a great program.

[by the way, did you ever do the exercises in the book, if not, I suggest that you do those,]

I've completed excercises 1-7, 9, 11, 13, & 14 but have not posted them as my level of success has varied with the different tasks. Excercise 6, the chapter in question here, is one that's results have left me perplexed. I hope to complete all the chapters one day, but the motivation to do so diminishes when the results vary from the book's results. I'm sure a lot of time has been put into the manual, but honestly, I've felt more success using some of the processes from the manual on my original models (obviously more fulfilling) and getting answers from this forum.

Thanks,

Chris