Hash, Inc. Forums

Used rigged model with FK/IK contraints

blinky465

I'm adding a second character to my music video (the main character just sits in an armchair and sings) and I want her to jump around, punk-style.

I used the FemaleB model, with IK legs and IK arms on. I don't know the name of the rig, but it has hands, feet and hips targets, which I use to pose the model. I played about with a few bvh files and some walk cycles and although not perfect, I have a basic dance routine going. I'm managed to get the character to jump up and down but I would like to have her jump up and do the splits in mid-air.

I've created the jump by simply dragging the hips up and down over a few frames, but when I try to move the feet at the top of the jump (using the feet targets), the hips go out of line and the whole model moves through space.

Is there any way of "locking" the hips in 3d space so that when I move the feet targets, only the legs move and the model stays in the same place?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Easy as pie: go to the Rig tab in the pose slider window and turn "Balance" and "Balance Rigid" to 0%. First thing I do whenever I use the 2001 rig.

Lovely! The model did move a bit as I set them to zero, so I added a bit of hip wiggle to disguise this during the "bob down before jumping pose" (is this what's called the anticipation?). Now, when the model is in the air, I can move the legs easily.

Thanks for the speedy reply.