Hash, Inc. Forums

My mascot entry

Thanks again for the nice comments. If this computer stuff was just a little easier to put together(time wise) i might try at making some illustrated kids books.

This was my first rigged character, and probably the last one i will make with 14 appendages. :D

I will try to refrain from using thanx too much, but there it is again.

I rigged everything but the feet for animation, i cant figure out what to do with those yet. They are posable, but there isn't any ease of animation functionality (cant find his center). When i rebuild his feet i will make them animation ready.

After i get that squared away, i will try for some animation. Of course i am going to need a proxy model, due to his extreme heft.

As for guide lines, i don't know. I missed something along the way.

It just didn't get there.

Please forgive the shiny newbie responses, its my first time you know.

Tobias

I was wondering how you got that lighting. That is a beautiful image! I love it.

I belive he said he used radiosity!

If you wouldn't mind, i would like to know your basic light setup.... I'm interested in radiosity, and your setup seems to have worked very very well!

Thanks

Ben

Cronos - Thanks.. Glad to see that you made the contest too.

Martin- Thank you for checking up on that.

Rodney- I will take a look at the mrs. yoops cstle sketches. I'll get back to you on that one.

Paul - The link was helpful. I tried to google it yesterday, and only got butterfly pictures. very colorful, and interesting stuff.

Cosmonaut- Thanks.. I am happy that it finally got there.

Zaryin and Bentothemax - Some time in the next week, i will post some wireframe shots, and the lighting specs over in the radiosity forum. If any one wants the scene without the caterpillar, i would love to contribute it. I don't have any web space at the moment so help on that would be needed.

Tobias

cronos- You too, being late worked out, we both placed.

Wegg- Thanks. I agree with you on that one. I felt the background detracted from my character a little too much. Sadly the scenery took only a fraction of the time it took to make the Caterpillar.

Brian- Thank you.

Tobias,

I do have to say, that is one of the most creative and refreshing characters that I've seen in a very long time on any 3D related forum. The main element that I like about it, is the feeling that I get when I look at it- I want to get to know this guy, he looks very interesting. Great job, and keep 'em coming...that kicked my ass to get some characters rendered that are in my head also!

Again, awesome job!

Cheers, Noah