Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Girl...orr...

Haikalle

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The body looks fine to me, but i think the facial structure is where work needs to be done. Here jaw seems to come to too much of a slimness, if you know what i mean. Maybe you can beef it up just a little. Send some wireframe pics.

I like it though.

SeanC.

You have overall good proportions on her, but there are a few things that stand out to me. Her body looks more like a teenage boy because her ribcage is wider than her hips.

A few other comments:

The dress looks great!

Her eyes seem too big for her head (if you are trying to create a "realistic" character).

Her forearms look too short.

Her waist should be a bit higher.

I hope these don't sound overwhelming, I think you have a good start here. Just need to tweak things.

Jim

Agree with SeanC, the face is ...not quite there. It seems to me that the skull is not quite big/high enough. The eyes should be the half-way mark, and in your render the eyes seem to be quite high, almost 1/3 down from the top of the skull, and that's taking in account the hair,btw. And the nose seems to be a bit on the too-long side.

Suggestions, make the head (sans hair) a bit wider, drop the eyes and nose bridge down a bit -- more in the center. And put a eye's width between the eyes. Would help to have a c.u. on the face, front, side and 3/4 view to better see if this is what it needs.

Either the arms are too short, or the hips are too low. The elbow joint should be @ the waist. the tip of the middle finger should come about mid-thigh. That would place the crest of the hip above the wrist.

I like her, nevertheless. Still a bit to go in anycase. Just wondering, did you use rotos when modeling her? I've returned to A:M after about 10 months and have been modeling like crazy and haven't been using any rotoscopes for reference. It was last night when I looked at my latest model (about 10 hrs of work thus far, still a noob) I saw that a lot of porportional stuff was just plain wacky or wrong. This morning I whipped up a front and side 2D drawing for the face, placed them in and things are a lot better. There's something to be said for working from a 2D illustration to make a 3D version it. Not to mention this helps me to keep the modeling "on model" so to speak.

hth

Ok... here is face model what I used in girl. at front it looks almost good face, but

when you look at side, there is some problems. One is ear but I'm fixing it in future. I hope I get some feedback of shape of face. Example is jaw in right place.

I hope you guys understand this. My English skills are. :blink::blink:

face.jpg

nice job so far, smooth surface. But the ear and jaw line's a bit off.

Here's a quick 1 minute sketch I did in painter:

face-relat.jpg

The red lines are where the front and side views "line up" along the features.

The green lines show where things are relative to other things, e.g. middle of the eyes line up with the ends of the mouth.

In the side view, the green lines show that in (my cartoon in any case) that the nose is a bit further out than the forehead. And the lips are not even with the forehead, but not out as much as the nose. The lips are on a kind of curve (like a flattened barrel). Some faces have the chin jutting out past the lips and others have the chin behind the lips, so to speak. The neck is sometimes at an angle, as shown. The ear top lines up pretty much with the eyes, and the bottom of the ear is around the nose line.

The bottom two drawings are basic face construction aids -- front view two circles, one is about twice as big as the other, directly above each other. Side view has the same two circles -- but aligned along an angle.

Keep in mind that I'm a cartoonist and this drawing is exaggerated to show relationships.

hope this helps. Looking at your face, it almost seems that the bottom half is squeezed a bit. By pulling out the nose, lips and chin you may make it look a bit more "natural." But it all depends on what kind of face you're aiming for.