Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Working on my first serious animation scene

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having problems rendering this animation. I'm using Toon Render, but every time it gets to about 20 minutes left, the thing crashes on me and shuts down. I also get a low memory warning, even though I have 1,024 MB's of memory on this baby..

Any ideas? The animation is only 30 seconds long with sound.

Are you trying to render straight to a movie file. If so, I'd suggest rendering it as a targa sequence. I've had rendering problems with stuff shorter than yours. It seems to me that TGA uses less memory. I've tried rendering scenes straight to movie and it would crash. Then render that same scene as a TGA and it would work fine. You'll have to get a program to turn it into a movie, but theres a few free programs that'll do that for you. (Can't think of them off the top of my head.) Or you could actually put the images back into AM and it'll turn it into a movie for you. Hope this helps.

Taking a guess here but is that Bebop and Rocksteady for the original TMNT cartoon.

If so I love those guys.

Yep, that be them. Animating a 30 second clip from one of the 1989 season finale shows. If it went well, I was thinking of doing a whole act break, minus background and scenery..

I finally got it working. I rendered it to f ile instead. The animation still has LOADS of errors. You can see Bebop and Rocksteady through the module door before it opens, Rocksteadys skin is partially white instead of grey at one part. Bebop sort of floats toward his destination at the end, but it took me 1 week to get this far on this 30 second animation :)

http://www.twelveoclock.net/junk/BigBlowOut.avi

I added in 20 seconds of more animation. Check out the link. I'm toying around with Layers now, since there is a scene of two characters talking electronically. I can't seem to get the one layer to start moving when the voice starts. As it stands now, the layer moves too soon and it's out of sync with the scene. Any ideas?

Yeah! Great job so far. I think that the expressions and arm movements could be better. The walking looks a little like sliding. You need landscap! :P The turtle slides and crawls down all weird from above. The gone floats all weird in the end. The transitions are choppy.

Overall great job so far though. This might be good! :P

Hey could you please render smaller then compress it a little bit more? Takes like like an hour to download @ 30kbps. I think it's only fair to the people without cable. :)