Hash, Inc. Forums

my attempt at a trex walk cycle

kuep

One of the new users wondered if I try to do a walk cycle on this guy so I thought I would give her a go.

This is very rough and in shaded mode.

I am concentrating on the legs and feet right now. I haven't done any weight or secondary motion except on the feet.

lots of work to do on it as time permits.

I was watching the scene in jurassic park where the trex is chasing the guy with the flare.

I haven't watch that movie for a long time and still is state of the art.

I am looking forward to some feedback.

Ken Helsip is kind enough to let anyone who wants the trex, to download it as soon as he checks the file out. It rigged with tsm2 and cog system.

Thanks in advance

(download and loop to see the cylce)

trexwalk7.mov

Four things come to mind right away.

1. Pretty darn good job out of the cookie jar.

2. The up and down lumbering motion seems a bit too heavy. I get the feeling the animal is sick or laboring for some reason

3. Toward the last few frames, the left knee is not behaving. Fan bones?

4. In the last frame, the right toes of the claw come up way too high, like they have no weight or bones.

All easily remedied. Let us see more.

thanks so far guys, i agree with toes, i just exagerated a bit.

As I said, I didnt do much on the rest of the body yet, I wanted to get legs and feet going half descent before moving on. The arms have no animation at all right now.

This is just shaded low res. cycle so it looks crappy but it renders in about 30 seconds. just worried about the animation itself right now.

I have fan bones in the joints and the cog system in the hips. I weighted the model as much as I could stand. LOL.

will fix it later when I add more poses to it. It still needs some smart skin to finish it.

keep em coming!

That's an awsome looking shot! Great looking dinosaur.

Regarding the exaggerated toes, after looking at the animation several times, I don't think they're that exaggerated. I pleayed the walk motion in my mind several times and the exaggeration doesn't seem as bad when the walk cycle continues.

See if you can give us a longer cycle, or maybe loop it somehow.

just download it and use the loop in quicktime.

oh and thanks, the trex belongs to Euisung i just re rigged it, more to come

That's an awsome looking shot! Great looking dinosaur.

Regarding the exaggerated toes, after looking at the animation several times, I don't think they're that exaggerated. I pleayed the walk motion in my mind several times and the exaggeration doesn't seem as bad when the walk cycle continues.

See if you can give us a longer cycle, or maybe loop it somehow.