Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Jamster work

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That was excellent, Shaun!

I think that is the best display of A:M hair that I have seen up to now.

Did you hand animate the falling lid, the one that bounces at the back-left of the screen, or did you use Newton on that? Brilliant!

And the sound track! Did you do that too?

Excellent all round!

hahaha...I have never laughed at an animation as much as I just did. The gestures are HILARIOUS. The part when the middle guy is hitting the trash can...the movement is so funny (yet it's still great animation, no doubt). I also like how he reacts to the other guys hitting him. He looks at them both like "what the heck"...VERY GOOD.

Hey Chaps,

Thanks for the comments :)

I bet you had a few 'pass throughs' to contend with.

Damn right, And many that I missed, but I ran out of time and had to be happy with what I had.

Where did the music come from? Did you do that or does Jamster provide the music?

Nope. Not my music, they gave me the music and I animated to it. I'm more of a 'Maceo Parker' kind of music guy :)

Wow, that's amazing. Wonderful animation and that hair is FAN-TASTIC! Did you render that with V11 or V12? How long did that take to render with all that hair? For some reason I'm not getting the sound but it hardly matters. Really, really nice.

Kevin

Did you render that with V11 or V12? How long did that take to render with all that hair?

Hey Kevin,

I rendered it in v11, although hair looks better in v12 now. It took two weeks to render running a render farm of 6 x 2.8 gig machines.

Each frame was about 1 hour. I rendered out one image of the background and comped the shadows and monsters in on top. If I had rendered the whole thing (ie. the background, monsters and shadows all as one pass) it would have been a much higher render time.

I love my render farm. I wouldn't have been able to render this with my one machine.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

So what exactly is a handynummer???

I do believe I have watched the first one over a hundred times and shown it to at least 20 people. I cannot wait to see the new one.

I hope I don't have to give away my handynummer though???

Wade

• 1 month later...

Hey peoples,

here is the latest mobile phone animation I have completed. This time for a company called 'Sharky Mobile' who have since sold it on to Jamster. Once again all done in A:M.

http://amfilms.hash.com/search/entry.php?entry=1084

Just one note. The lip sync is slightly out, this is because of a timing issue in the music after the animation was completed (they found the music was about a half second too long after it was all put together and had to re-edit it).

I love it. It really has a Christmasy feel to it. Great mouse and great hair....and those eyes! So blue and cute.

One thing I noticed was the lip sync toward the end didn't seem right. Or maybe it's the versatility of his mouth. Something about it.

Edit: It's probably his big bucked teeth getting in the way.

MrThoughtful

Group: Members

Member No.: 383

Why is QuickTime telling me I can't view this and that the software needed is not available on the qt server?

Any help, I'd really love to see the clip too!!!!

Yeah. That happens to me too.

Ed

I don't know about that chaps. Do you have QT 7?

Kenh.. re lipsync... I actually mentioned previously why it was a little out.

Just one note. The lip sync is slightly out, this is because of a timing issue in the music after the animation was completed (they found the music was about a half second too long after it was all put together and had to re-edit it).

Wow, I really need to check the showcase forum more often (it's kind of lost in the middle). What a fantastic piece of work Shaun. How did you get away with such short hairs on the little guy? The animation is amazing but I'm almost more in awe of your rendering...keep up the great work!

Kevin