Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A Movie Poster

Hello all. This may be the first time I've posted a still image in "Showcase." Takes a lot less time to render than an animation...

I was in a community theater of production of "Dracula" (closes tonight, in fact) and as a gift for the cast and crew, I was going to make a parody animation. Well, I only got the idea a week before closing and that's a quick turnaround time even for me, so I elected to make them a movie poster instead, with the promise of a movie to come.

Anyway, the poster turned out pretty well, I think, so here it is.

post-265-1129994151_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to make a parody animation.
Five minute versions can be so much better than the original - short, to the point, and well placed for comedy. And, much as I like the original book of Dracula, it wouldn't suffer one bit if the third quarter of it was removed.

The Reduced Shakespeare Company take the same approach - they cover all of Shakespeare's plays in about two hours. The cast prefer the tragedies because they're so much funnier than the comedies. (I haven't seen their Shakespeare, but their Complete History of America (Abridged) is very, very funny.)

well, i think the font is a bit too cartoony, go for flat type.

the poses are cool, but you should add some more contrast and maybe a darken the sides of the image to make the viewers attention center on the middle action.

i would also advise you to minimize the text on the poster... and zoom in on the main action (vampire attacking)

of course, you could consider all of the above to be useless blabber by an insane person...