Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Flying (well falling) logo

Whipped this up in an hour for my reel...shows some of the capabilities of Steffan Gross's AWESOME newton Physics plug-in...which I am gonna use every chance I get.

The collision detection scheme is the BEST I've seen yet coming out of A:M, and the plug-in is oh-so-easy to use. A GREAT addition to A:M's toolset.

At D1 res each frame took 40 seconds. (No multipass)

And big thanks to whoever wrote the helpful tutorial for the plug-in... I've lost the name.

QUICKTIME is Sorenson3 compressed .8mb

MCsmall.mov

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whipped this up in an hour for my reel...

Personally, I wouldn't put this in a demo reel. Think of the implied message. Something is falling appart. What is it? It is not the logo. It is whatever is written in the logo.

If you really want to use physics I'd suggest something that will convey the inverse message. As an example, let's say your logo is sitting on a pile of blocs. Than a large boulder falls on the ground and shake the whole scene. All the blocs falls apart but the logo, after shaking a little stays firmly there.

It was just meant to be cute and fun and add a little motion to an otherwise static scene. I only had an hour, including render time, as an edit suite was doing an impromptu reel of my animation and the title the assistant editor made in Photoshop was ghastly.

There are NO implied messages. Paul is NOT the walrus, in this case. Let's not 'overthink' it.

Thanks for the replies, Yves D.Jo, Agep and Nancy.

Paul is NOT the walrus

Is Too! And Star Trek is real... And Lucas found out about all that Evil Emperor stuff when he was abducted by real alienses on Independence day, but fortunately he was returned to the top of Devil's Tower when we played the music and he was able to tell the story from the perspective of a little boy who rode his bicycle thru the sky and almost hit the moon... and that's the truth thbthht :P But I digest.... :wacko:

Showing my age here... but I seem to remember a cartoon (loosely based on history) involving a dog (Mr. Peabody??? ...yep, I think that part is right....) and a young lad... at the end of the toon, the letters in the credit roll fell down and some guy (janitor character) swept them off.. stage right...

So, overthinking it, as I am wont to do....It's a previously successful concept... The only thing that's wrong with it is the stitching on the baseball, the color of the letters and the fact that there's no follow thru... and WORST OF ALL... There ain't none of John Bigbootes' beautiful wimmins in the shot... bending down to pick up the letters! Yeah, that's the ticket!

My sincere apoplexies to any wimmins who might have been offended by my remarks.. I jes calls 'em like I sees 'em!

PS, If you choose not to add it to your reel... I'll add it to mine! Couldn't hurt. huh?

at the end of the toon, the letters in the credit roll fell down and some guy (janitor character) swept them off.. stage right...

... and WORST OF ALL... There ain't none of John Bigbootes' beautiful wimmins in the shot... bending down to pick up the letters!

Perhaps one of those top heavy ladies could fade in from behind the letters. She would be giant size, you would only see her top half initially, neck to boobs. And she could knock the fallen letters off the stage with her knockers?

Or she could come in normal size & sweep them off stage - instead of the janitor - tho I doubt anyone reviewing the reel would be old enough to get the historical connection.