Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Model window, Relationship window, and Action window

Eric2575

I am working on fan bones. Put a fan bone in my model in the modeling window and assigned the center spline of the joint to it. Selected New Pose, on/off and opened a Relationship window. In the Rel/Window, I picked "Orient Like", selected "compensate mode" and picked the shin bone with an enforcement of 50%. To test this out, I opened an Action window and manipulated the joint. Here is my problem: When I manipulate bones in the action window and want to return them to their original positions, I thought I would just hit "clear" in the contextual menu. When I do that, however, it also seems to clear the work I did in the relationship window. How do I reset the bone position in the action window without clearing the realtionships?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a long-standing bug in A:M involving Relationship and Action windows. Basically, you need to make sure you never have a model open in an Action and a Relationship window at the same time. As you've seen, manipulations can "bleed" from one window into the other.

So, play it safe and make sure you only have one open while you're working.