Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My First Realistic Render

age234

Clicky

Yes, I was so happy when this popped out. I'm working on a Riven-style-interface game that takes place in a moon colony in 2319. This is Version 4.0 of that same room. Maybe I'll be satisfied.

The whole reson I'm redoing it a fourth time is because I made the choreography in AM 8.0j, then upgraded to 10.0 (now I'm running 10.5i). When I try to open the choreographies in 10.5i, all the models go to 0,0,0 and scale 100,100,100. Is there a way to get around this, or is it another Animation:Master Oddity?

Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole reson I'm redoing it a fourth time is because I made the choreography in AM 8.0j, then upgraded to 10.0 (now I'm running 10.5i). When I try to open the choreographies in 10.5i, all the models go to 0,0,0 and scale 100,100,100. Is there a way to get around this, or is it another Animation:Master Oddity?

This has happened to me, too!

I thought my project files were simply corrupted, but if it happened to you too, it's probably a bug. I'll send a report to Hash if you do... :)

Great image, by the way!

Zach

You might what to create the scene in a action then import the action into the choreography. That way you can do multiple (Cam) views and setup different actions for different circumstances. But the scene looks great............. waiting for some textures. Unless you're going for that monchromatic look?

I had this same scaling and positioning problem when I shifted over to 10.5 - I found that if you save the project in 10.5 (using a different name just in case) close it then reopen, everything returns to as was before. Strange but true. The data is still there, 10.5 just needs a bit of help finding it.

Thanks everyone!

AMAR: I was going for the monochromatic look, except on the walls, where I might throw in another texture.

Parlo: I'll try that.

gschumsky: The server's acting wierd lately. Had to remove the www. It works now.

It looks really good, and i like the way it seems to be going, BUT------MYST! MYST! MYST! Riven is the 2nd of the Myst games!java script:emoticon(':angry:')Be careful about how you make the game or you will just be making another Myst-Alike, and i have played a lot of Myst-Alikes, and they ALL SUCKED, in comparison to the original.java script:emoticon(':)') I will tell you right now, that the biggest turn off to any of the myst games, is a lack of realtime 3D, the exception being Myst3:Exile, which combines 360-Degreee renders, 3D Animation, Ambient Positional Audio, and still uses the node based movement of the original Myst. Myst3's movement is very similar to Apple's QTVR technology, i suggest you use cubic vr software to make your game's scenes. The way to do it is this, set the FOV to 112.5, and render front,right,back,left,up,down, front=0,right=90,etc, top=front+90Vertical,etc. Good luck with you project.

PS. go play Journeyman Project, you will see a progression in the quality of the 3D environs.

I'm going with the slideshow way because:

[*]It's simple to make

[*]It's simple for the user to figure out

[*]It won't make anyone motion-sick (as panoramas and 3D can and do, do)

[*]I have no idea how to make games in that way (largest reason)

[*]I like slideshow games

Exile and realMYST, for me at least, are less realistic *because* they're steeped in such technology. The panormas in Exile were annoying, becasue the right/left click to change the way the mouse worked was just one more thing the player had to do. realMYST was fun, but it just doesn't hit the realism that Myst did.

And the "Myst-alikeness" begins and ends with the interface. It's very different. It's similar only by genre (adventure game).

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

:)

Here's to the sildeshow method. :D I, for one, love puzzle games in that Myst method, including the earlier stuff that Cyan did. (Anyone remember Manhole, or Cosmic Osmo?) Congrats on an incredible-looking render, and good luck.

One thing: on the floor tiles on the right-hand side of the picture, there seems to be a rendering artifact of some kind. The lines dividing the hexes get jarred. Just wanted to say.