Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

forgotten astronaut

Guest william40

Guest william40

Ok, this is another image I started for the "mars" contest. But the art gig I was working on at the time did not allow me the time to finish it up to meet the contest deadline. So here is the "wip". Lots to still do.. like seaming the model together. The sphere in the bottom left is where his helmet

goes.

Comments always welcome.

Thanks

William

post-7-1127353692.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's looking really good. A couple of comments would be that the sand doesn't quite seem to look grainy enough, and his clothing and helmet could be pitted and discolored from wind corrosion, but I know you said you still have a lot to do so maybe these ideas are already on your list.

I didn't realize that sphere was his helmet. I'd make it tell a bit more of a story, so maybe have the helmet closer by, on its side or upside down but postioned so that you can clearly tell its a helmet. Maybe he got stuck, and at the last moment ripped his helmet off in a desparate last effort to breath...... yaaahhhh!

Guest william40

Thanks for the feed back! Much appreciated! When you satre at something for so long it tends to go flat. So I love to hear what others are seeing.

I have answered some of the comments below.

I have not applied the materials to the sand yet, mostly I have been working with the composition. So the sphere is just meant to take up space, but I like the ideas that where given about the helmet. as relation to the astronaut.

The hands, thanks for your comments, I have been wrestling with the idea of keeping them bone or to put in a "skinned" over bone hand. Nice to hear what someone else thinks when they see the scene.

As for the ground, I am still working on the combo's of maps and materials, but have not made any solid decisions yet.

Thanks to all,

William