Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mutha Naycha & Co.

Getting inspired by all that terrific modeling going on - so started a new project - not sure where it's going (I never know), maybe I can make something for the next mini-movie contest if there is one.

Meet Mutha Naycha. To be joined eventually I hope by her "Gurlz"

Comments welcome.

MuthaNaycha.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking model! You have a very uniqe and cool style :D Is the skirt made out of hair?

btw. didn't notice the pose at first! Funny how she hold her handbag! :D

Regards

Stian

Beautiful, Nancy! She looks as if she would have some interesting tales to tell. A lady of some style, perhaps with an association to the theatre or another area of the arts. I guess, as Mutha Naycha she would be accomplished in all things. She would also have excellent balance. Or perhaps you could have her become unbalanced when dancing with over-industrious industrialists. :D

Palette and textures are beautifully handled in your inimitable style, as always.

I love the character and her costume but if you will forgive me one small criticism, I think her bag looks too heavy for her to be holding up with only two fingers. Or perhaps the contents are very light? Not like any lady's bag that I have ever known ;) ( Perhaps it contains magic scales? )

I look forward to seeing more. :)

Thanks all for your comments - I appreciate it very much.

Stian - yes her skirt is made out of hair, along with her eyelashes, feathers, and head hair. I love hair. I want cloth. I will upgrade.

Paul - I went for exagerrated size in the purse as I was thinking I wanted to use it as a comedic element when I animate her. She will be a dainty lady (in her mind only), with more than enough strength (she is Mutha Naycha, after all) who wields this big clumsy inappropriately heavyweight styled purse, out of whackly flinging it all around - probably knocking stuff down with it in the process. It will be her bag o' tricks. It will go wherever she goes (reminiscent of a dear nutsy cousin of mine).

I'm still thinking of designs/characters for her potential Gang of Gurlz - Tree, Cloud, Fire, Trash, etc.

Unfortunately I started this before Hurricane Katrina - what I originally had in mind doesn't seem so funny any more.

Thanks again all.

She will be a dainty lady (in her mind only), with more than enough strength (she is Mutha Naycha, after all) who wields this big clumsy inappropriately heavyweight styled purse, out of whackly flinging it all around - probably knocking stuff down with it in the process. It will be her bag o' tricks. It will go wherever she goes (reminiscent of a dear nutsy cousin of mine).

Sort of Aunt Agnus, from Bewitched? :D

Sort of Aunt Agnus, from Bewitched?  :D

More like a cross between Betty White & Bette Midler. Dingy dainty with brazen Brooklyn sassy.

She might even live in apt 2c across from Mrs. Goldberg.

Yoooo Hooooo Mrs Goldberg? (Oy, am I old or what?)

(Betty White is an actress - broadway, tv - who performed in US sitcoms: Mary Tyler Moore show, & Golden Girls. Mrs Goldberg was a very very early black & white era tv character. And Bette Midler is the one & only Bette Midler)

Can you post some wireframe images so we can see how you modeled her?

Aaaack! You want to see her Nekkid?

No one's ever asked to see my splines before. I'm thrilled!

I must say her immediate ancestor for the body (arm, hands, legs, feet, start of dress) are from Ricky the Rat's genetic material off the wonderful A:M Extra CD (thank you Alain Desrochers). Hat too started from Alain's Hat (casquette) off of CD. Best money I ever spent. Oh wait...umm...er...twas FREE! (I will upgrade).

Here she is with & without hair - details of hair to follow

MuthaWires.jpg

The petal shaped ruffles use a hair emitter that is a colored pink rectangle - that I shaped using the thickness & bow properties of the hair material. I probably didn't need to use an image emitter but I felt the slight pink color added another dimension to the color of the ruffles

Ruffles.jpg

Each feather is simply two identical rectangular strips (3 patches each) placed closely together but that their normals face in opposite directions. I created the feathers first in an un-deformed state (straight up vertical). The strips are decaled, and the hair is combed into a feather shape. One could play with the length of the feather-hair splines (in brush mode) to more accurately create a feather shape. I didn't care.

The feather patch geometry was deformed after combing to make the shapes I wanted. Did it this way because it was easier.

Feathers.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments, all - thanks for looking

Steve: Not my voice (Clip does seem to fit Mutha in one of her nicer, more wistful, self absorbed moods) - there is a terrific website with great sound clips from movies, tv shows - hysterical stuff - good for practicing lip sync - a treasure of inspiration:

http://www.dailywav.com/

Ken: HUh? - don't understand - you've used images for hair emitters, haven't you? - Even with the image, I still have to groom the guides - I make the proportional size of the emitter close or the same as the image - but even more interesting effects come about when one doesn't ... see:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=130983

Robcat: I definitely intend to keep going, thanks! - I want to keep practicing acting with lipsync, so I have many more ridiculous sound clips (from above website) to work with. I am struggling with getting timing to be less floaty - more snappy - I just don't seem to get the hang of it - but I don't want it to look as formulaic as it does with many film houses - not good enough yet to pull it off. Need also to work on stronger, more creative poses.