Hash, Inc. Forums

Volkswagen Golf

the basic proportions and shapes are good; it would benefit from a second pass though - go over all splines, tweaking and moving them around. Iv never tried to model a car yet so i cant really critique too much.

Nixie

Looks very good ,you can instantly see its a golf ,only thing I can see that might or might not be a bit odd is the sill's (bottom edge ) seems to be a little sharp ,sort of cut off ,but thats maybe how theye are ,but a nice job so far well done

Are you using actual photos as rotoscopes? If not, it would probably help in lining up the panels a bit more. The taillight seems to be skewed somewhat. If you would post a wireframe, we could give some more constructive critique.

Keep working it, practice makes really good. ;)

An excellent first effort for sure! I'm pretty new to AM as well, so I know how challenging a project like that can be. One thing I would mention is that the car seems to have an all round wafer thin feel to it. It would be good now that you've got the shape down to redo the model with beveled edges so that the body has a more solid look to it. Good work though! Keep it up!

its an awsome car!

my first car didnt quite make it all i got done was the door and a window

i did make the window go down so that was a plus.

you should make like a decal to show where the door lines are so you can at least see something.