Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Alonso's Tutorials and Bootcamp

Rodney

• Admin

I probably am not suppose to announce this but... errrrgggghhh.... its impossible for me to keep a secret.

Alonso Soriano has been working hard to help aspiring animators realize their goals and get to animating.

As such he initiated the Animation Bootcamp hosted in the Student Forum.

Now he's moved to the next level and compiled a series of tutorials and enhanced his Bootcamp even more.

With apologies to Alonso...

Experience it here:

http://www.hash.com/amtutes/Bootcamp/index.html

...and don't forget to post your Bootcamp results in the Student Forum - Forum #35 on your A:M dial.

Rodney

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Alonso!!!

GREAT TUTORIALS!

Although I am way beyond them, I'll read them all very carefully: 'repetitio est...', but also for the quality of the tutorials (Alonso manages to put inside even keyboard shortcuts and all that users might find useful)

I have not seen such a nice (and complete) introductory tut ever since 'I am walking'

Bravo Alonso!

Drvarceto

Alonso's Tutorials Menu

Whole Project

This tutorial goes through a project from opening A:M to rendering. On the menu page there are hot links to: attaching the limbs, building hands, building a head, rigging, animating, and getting that all white background (among other things)

you can also download this whole tutoriall so you can use it offline. Also the project is downloadable for you to pick apart. The model and animation aren't super advance because they were laid out fast, but the principles are the same you would use for a more advanced project.

Cartoon Eyeballs

short tut on modeling and rigging them.

How to Animate basically it's my description of the 12 principles, sometimes hearing it from a different voice makes it click. Also has common Newbie mistakes for a more direct step by step on animating see the Animation Section of the Whole Project tutorial

Ultra BootCamp Finally there's the new Ultimate Bootcamp, a little more self directed than the last one but if you go through it you'll come out with a demo reel ready to work on the Wizard of Oz Tinman project.

Here's the Original Bootcamp for comparison

-Alonso

Original Bootcamp

• 4 years later...
  • Admin

Most of the A:M Tuts links have been off line for years.

I'm not sure its worth bothering Jason to save anything.

If you have the original Extra CD all of Alonzo's Bootcamp Tutorials should be there.

Edit:

Maybe Jason fixed something as this link works for me:

http://www.hash.com/amtutes/Bootcamp/index.html

If it doesn't work for you... yup... we should contact Jason.