Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

NYPD Autobot

Hey guys (and gals),

I've been working hard at the grindstone modeling an NYPD Impala that transforms into :o voila, a Transformer. Convenient eh?

I've been working hard to make sure it somewhat resembles an impala. The headlights and grill look a little funky, and every time I attempt to shrink it or adjust it, it only affects the hood and creates funky bends. Anyway, I'm building the internal gadgets as we speak, and expect to have a fully functioning knee joint by tomorrow.

I only wish to have everything in one model so I can animate it without any unnecessary trickery.

Sorry if the image quality is a bit crappy, I'm becoming impatient with the rendering times of this computer.

If you guys want to see high-res or a wireframe, just ask.

Peace!

post-7-1125284576.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Bout' the crown vic, I had previously constructed one that appeared more or less like its real couterpart, with spare part designs from other cars, but I made the mistake of building the TF first and trying to make that into a car. Well anyway that was disastrous. It doesn't look very much like a Crown Vic, and the CPs don't line up. So anyway, I was walking along University blvd down at the U, and I noticed that all the SLCPD cars were Impalas, and I thought, hey, those have a unique cool design to 'em. Let's use those.

I had originally envisioned taking a minute long handicam shot of the UTA TRAX passing through the frame with a transforming cop car chasing it down the rails. But the real bummer of a deal is that I couldn't find references of any SLC cop cars on the net, so I rigged up an NYPD car instead.

Anyway, I've just thought that the origin of this particular bot could be some mensa-smart MIT alumni who decided to build their own Johnny five out of a regular PD car. For the most part I'm just trying to push the boundaries of reality and probability. I didn't want to build one of those bulky improbable air tanks that shoot laser beams from their eyes that Japanese Anime always seems to turn out. Instead I wanted to design something grounded in reality and perhaps possible in the next five years.

post-7-1125334772.jpg

• 2 weeks later...