Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rigs for TWO

martin

Modeling of "The Tin Woodman of Oz" (TWO) movie characters has begun. One of the big goals of TWO is animator training. Rather than try and pick a single rig, we've decided to try them all. That way, animators can experiment with what kind of rig they like best, and be able to talk intelligently about the different methods.

So, you rig designers need to decide which character would best utilize your rig, and call dibs on it. We would expect you to rig that character and champion your rig throughout the animation process. That character will become your baby.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Martin, so this is what I'm understanding...

We download a model that is already built and put our rig of choice in it and then put it through its paces?

If so where are said models?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I'd love the chance to rig one of the models, but I doubt I'm qualified to do so. Martin what do you mean by champion your rig throughout the animation process (fixing things as problems arise and/or explain to the animators how to use it.

I'd love the chance to rig one of the models, but I doubt I'm qualified to do so. Martin what do you mean by champion your rig throughout the animation process (fixing things as problems arise and/or explain to the animators how to use it.

Yes.

• 4 weeks later...
We still need a rigger for the Hippogyraf. It is a quadraped. And the neck will need a pose that makes the neck longer (even though that is anatomically impossible, this is Oz).

I could tackle it after I finish with the Loon, unless someone else wants it. Would you want the neck to squash and stretch when it scales or just get longer/shorter while maintaining proportions, Will? Also, any other specific squashing and stretching?