Hash, Inc. Forums

Jump*Land*Recover Animation

Luxo

Looks cool.

Model has a light, almost too "airy" feeling. You might want to have him work to recover his equilibrium after the first jump onto the block before his second jumpto the other side of the block.

This might give him a sense of weight and mass.

Very nice work.

Nos

hey! that's the bottom of my model! haha!

what method of animation did you use...when the little dude is stepping forward it seems as if it was every frame you animated. It looks a bit choppy, is what I mean

the timing overall is very good, though.

I don't think there's a huge problem with showing weight in this, only a bit..just try to tweak it a bit

• 2 weeks later...
hey! that's the bottom of my model! haha!

what method of animation did you use...when the little dude is stepping forward it seems as if it was every frame you animated. It looks a bit choppy, is what I mean

the timing overall is very good, though.

I don't think there's a huge problem with showing weight in this, only a bit..just try to tweak it a bit

Thanks for replying, your model's great!! You are right I did have keys on successive frames I need to work on not doing that till i've smoothed it out. Thanks for the comments!

• Hash Fellow

Much of this is working well, but perhaps I can add a few comments

-Move the camera closer. Don't leave so much unused space in a test like this. It makes it hard to examine.

- I plotted the motion of the hips with dots on the pic attached. The vertical motion of the figure is generally well motivated by the action of the legs and the force of gravity.

- However, the red dots are parts where the horizontal motion slows down without any application of force to explain it. Likewise, the green dots are places where it speeds up; again without a visible reason. You might perhaps explain this as a result of the center of gravity not really being in the hips, but still, it's an awkward visible result.

- This makes for somewhat unnatural looking motion thru the peaks his hops, pointed at by (C ).

- you also have a tendency to come to a halt at the bottom of your anticipations which seems to negate the action(B ).

- related to that is the rather odd path for the first anticipation (A). A simple U-shaped motion probably would have served better.

But overall, it's a promising test and I'm sure you have gained much from it.

AMPixNotes.jpg

I quite like it.

If you're happy with the animaton, how about messing with the Camera a little? Swing the camera around your 'legs' model, get a feel of how they look from all directions, that's what i've been doing. I've only been using A:M for a few months (only just bought v12 recently), but i've found that playing with the camera really adds a Cinematic edge to the animation, it only takes a second too! :D

nice work!

Wow Thanks Robcat!! :) I love what you've done with the diagram, I've learned a lot from your comments. Thanks for taking the time to go above and beyond to get the point across! Thanks Russ, I dont usually play around with the camera, I feel it takes to focus away from the animation itself. Thanks for the Comments!