Hash, Inc. Forums

Baseball Player WIP

takahiro

Wow, that's a really nice model/texture job. It bears a striking resemblance to my Ichiro bobblehead doll. My only complaint is that his body seems a little "thick." Ichiro is pretty darn skinny. Any plans to animate? It'd be awesome to see him bat with that distinctive style.

Hi Takahiro

Superb work. Makes me nervous to comment on it.

I don't know anything about baseball so if I'm way of base :D feel free to ignore me. Also it depends if he is supposed to be off balance(beginning to steal or run).

These are the things I would probably try.

The right arm would look more natural if the forearm was turned in. I put my arm in this position and it felt more comfortable when I rotated my hand about 45 degrees clockwise. the weight looks like its on the right hip but the left hip is higher, which contributes to the feeling of imbalance. And have you tried turning the left leg further out?

Ichi looks like he's trying to be in the stealing position - if you're really going for this, take a look at some baseball pics. Base runners tend to carry their weight fairly low and on their toes. I'm not sure about his stance in real life, but for most players, they tend to hunch over, almost like a baseman or tennis player, because they are really doing the same thing. The goal of the stance is to be able to quickly direct their motion in either direction, to avoid the pickoff or to start their stealing run.

Of course, Ichiro doesn't obey a lot of the mechanics of baseball (heck, watching his swing, it barely obeys the laws of physics) so hard to say.

I'm gonna make his glove, batting action, catching action, and facial expressions.

I will learn his action form more carefully.

To DarkLimit, Jim Talbotski, Kevin Waldron, Carl Raillard, JohnArtbox, Bjorn Cole,

I want to say thank you!

See you next time.

takahiro