Hash, Inc. Forums

My Website

Hey Folks,

Seeing that many people now-a-days are getting websites for promo purposes I decided to join in the action. Not really much else to say. Check it out and let me know if links work and so on.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dimos

My Webpage

• Admin

Dimos,

I really enjoyed seeing your work. The demo reels highlighting some of your work was especially a treat.

That you've been involved with some great feature animations is really a thrill to see as I'm sure it was to be involved with.

Keep on animating! :)

Rodney

Oh, wow! All bow down to Dimos! You are the man! :D

You sure have had your fingers in some very tasty pies. Excellent work, Dimos.

So, you worked on Spirit, among others! I would love to know how the rushing water was done but I guess that would force you to break a non-disclosure agreement, eh? The opening sequence for that film is just gorgeous. Some very impressive work there, Dimos. I am very impressed.

Thanks for the nice-ities.

Oh, wow! All bow down to Dimos! You are the man!

That's not necessary really. :rolleyes: I mean if y'all want to that's fine but not necessary!! ;)

So, you worked on Spirit, among others! I would love to know how the rushing water was done but I guess that would force you to break a non-disclosure agreement, eh? The opening sequence for that film is just gorgeous. Some very impressive work there, Dimos. I am very impressed.

Yes I did. Personally I feel the work I did in this film, Shark Tale and The Wild (not yet released) is some of my better work. The water, in Spirit, was done in layers from what I understand and remember. A CG fluid dynamic with multiple layers of added digital and traditional hand drawn effects (with some water warping effects for the underwater bits in the raging river section). The opening scene is truly amazing. It was actually many shots seemlessly blended to make it seem like one long opening shot. The CG animator, Michael Spokas (real nice guy), worked very closely with the traditional Supervising Animator, Simon Otto (awesome guy and freaking talented) to get a real cool looking eagle flight path and animation. The sets were amazing in my opinion. I really like the painted textures placed over geometry. It's a cool looking effect.

Wow! I had no idea that you were such a high achieving animator.

Me neither ;) Thanks! I feel very satisfied with my work. Always learning though, but satisfied with my past performance. I only hope it gets better.

You worked on all those movies?!? Very cool.

Yes it was! I had a crap load of fun. a lot of pain too but fun none the less.

Thanks again folks. If ya notice any broken links or funny things please let me know. I am building this site on my own with very little experience in this field so any help would suite me just fine.

Dimos

It is a honor, Dear Sir to have one such a heavyweight animator in our midst...

Ah shucks...:wub:

..but there are other guys like me lurking as well. I really like Victor's work and others too. So I ain't the only "heavyweight" here. Plus I really feel this software warrants more professional support because I feel it's great. It doesn't have some stuff like the other packages do but it has a whole lot more to make up for those so called "missing peices" in my opinion. It's just a great peice of software and a great community.

And if you think about it I haven't shown any A:M stuff YET because well....hhhhmhmhmhm.... what I have ain't good and I ain't got too much!!!

Sadly I have been too busy to work/play with A:M because I have been working too much on other things and having plenty fun with my family.

Thanks

Dimos