Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gschumsky

Beta testers wanted asap

Hey Game people.

We need beta testers and we're on a real tight schedule. If you can devote as much time as possible to helpo out then that would be great.

If you want to help test, then go to ftp.covenant-studios.com. Username and password is tester.

Go into game_download, then in the Beta_1.0 folder and download both files in there. There is a Mac and windows version in the same zipped file (Win run the installer when unzipped, Mac just drag and drop the file anywhere on your computer).

Report bugs to goodgames@cox.net, with the subject line Beta 1 bug report.

Include computer specs, OS version, etc. and what happened that seemed buggy, and if it's a crash, can you repeat it and how. We are still adding improvements, but having another set of eyes helps a lot.

Thanks, and hope you guys have fun!

Greg

What age group is it for?

I can get quite a few kids to test it.

Have to wait til tomorrow to download it though.

Woo! Gimmee gimmee gimmee! (Even though I doubt you're targeting the thirtysomething atheist demographic...) ;)

ftp.covenant-studios.com.

Hey Greg,

I'll check it out but do i have to go through a ftp program because i am getting a 503 error when i put this address in my browser.

What game engine are you guys using?

Kuep, make sure you don't have the "." in aswell. What OS are you running, I know Windows supports FTP, but not if Mac does...

EDIT: and btw, dl'ing it as I write : )

Wow! I should pop my head up above my cube more often...

OKay, answers, but 1st, there is a new version that went up last night. one for MAC (yeah baby!) and one for Win. Make sure you download the correct one and the manual (pdf).

Age group: 6 and older (try the medium or difficult settting for hours and hours of gameplay. Easy setting should take about two hours if you skip all the cutscenes).

Zach: Both 3o year olds and aetheists are more then welcome to play the game. Keep in mind there is scripture in there (if you use the Bibles to defeat the bad guys) and used in one of the puzzles...just letting you know.

Game engine is a custom 2D isometric engine called Isoworld. The basic version was pretty good, but we had the programmer (who works of us part-time) add a ton of enhancements.

if you ftp through a browser, I usually just type in ftp.covenant-studios.com, then tester and tester. Or you could use ftp://tester:tester@covenant-studios.com (that works well from a browser). Or just some ftp app.

And yes, Mac supports FTP (that was a silly comment Jage...) This was entirely produced on Macs, including the ftp'ing up...what rock have you been under?

Nick: Cool!

SandyG: Thanks!

Bugs to goodgames@cox.net. Just like you report them to Hash (unless you still use: It crashed...yeah, that's telling us a lot!).

BTW, check out when you have the other Bible team characters on screen (use your T key...though you have to complete level 3 in order to unlock Bibleman). You can use your Tab key to switch between characters (hey, you can also save anytime you want and do multiple saves when you hit the escape key!) at anytime. But what's really cool is the AI controlled character helps out by defending any shots taken at you, and now they get shot at and defend themselves. In easy mode (under the options menu-accessed from the opening screen or esc key), auto-target is on ( you don't need to really be facing the right way to deflect a shot..the character will turn the correct way. But in medium and difficult you're on your own).

Greg

Is this still available for testing? I have a 13 year old who would love to try it out for you, he wants to be a games programmer/tester. :D

If not, when will it be available for purchase?

Thanks,

Richard

Hey Richard,

We're way past Beta testing and almost done with manufacturing (first shipment goes out today). The game will be available after the 20th (probably the 23rd or so) at larger Christian bookstores, as well as online on the 20th at http://www.bibleman.com.

Retail will be $39.95, but if you pre-register at Bibleman.com, you get a $10 discount when it's available.

Greg