Hash, Inc. Forums

Wutang Master

Here is a new model I have been working on. If you have any comments or suggestions for improving it I would love to hear them. I haven't started rigging it yet and all of the colors are just grouped patches so his beard looks a little funky at the moment.

post-7-1124459056.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments!

KenH, glad you like the ear. I am pretty proud of it. I eventually plan to do some decalling especially for the beard. I want to get him rigged first though and I am a slow rigger.

DarkLimit, thanks and I will post my progress.

Flog, somewhere between cartoon and realistic is what I was shooting for. Best one in a long time? I am not sure about that. There are so many talented people using A:M but thanks.

Nixie, I had originally planned to model in some folds and wrinkles in the clothing and I may still. His sleeves and the lower part of his robe are cloth and I was having problems getting it working. Some of the geometry for his legs and arms was just sort of quickly thrown in to see how the cloth works. I am sure it will change some but how much I can't say yet.

Here is a look at the mesh of his head.

post-7-1124533768.jpg

Nice model!

He seems a bit sleepy, but perhaps he is really old soon going to sleep in eternity?

Just joking - really a good model and your way between cartoon and realism I believe is a good way...

:D

Perhaps you want to upload your model - so we all can play with it?

Have a look here on my suggestion - a MODEL EXCHANGE forum:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16847

I like the way it looks - smooth, Some modeled wrinkles in his clothes would look great, I meant his face (bumpmaps), I think he looks great in shaded mode keep that look!

Seven - I think a model exchange forum is a good idea - I'd participate when I had some more models.

Nixie

I like the way it looks - smooth, Some modeled wrinkles in his clothes would look great, I meant his face (bumpmaps), I think he looks great in shaded mode keep that look!

Seven - I think a model exchange forum is a good idea - I'd participate when I had some more models.

Nixie

Why not upload your avatar - a nice bird - looks a little sleepy too!

Have you rigged and lipsynched your bird?

And Hutch has a nice avatar too! Perhaps it is not only a helmet...

Some day maybe Hash will set up an A:M Models --- so we can upload our models - having some exchange of them - they are a bit slow working on it - but I believe they are working on it - so some sunny day - they will do it! I hope!

:D

great model, i cant wait to see what you do with him. as to a model exchange forum isnt there already a free model site Hash maintains? maybe if more people sent models there, there wouldnt be a need for a new place where no one donates models?

YOU SEE>>>>>>>THis is the stuff I want to see more in A.M.

I want to see more action characters and martial art stuff with that cartoon caricature style. U-NO?

Not to say the other stuff is no good its just that its not as balanced with the other stuff you see

Thats just me.........

Well I love the character but I just wanted to know were any references used.............

well Keep up the good work

BTW......... what happened to starving artist's batman too?

I've been waiting for him to post more updates

I really like that action character too very nice

keep being my inspiration

Hey thanks selahpoetic. It is pretty cool to hear that my work is inspiring. As for references I just used rotoscopes that I drew. The rotoscopes just came from my head, inspired by old kung fu movies and especially by a great Jet Li movie called Lord of Wutang (also called Kung Fu Colt Master in some translations but I think they meant to say Cult instead of Colt lol).

• 3 weeks later...