Hash, Inc. Forums

New character

Oo, pretty! The clay look works great.

But I don't think you're going to be able to get away with those potato hands. You'll need to give them some definition, even if it's just some stubby paw-fingers. (You wouldn't necessarily have to rig them, if you don't want to...)

on the paw front, thumbs would be a good comprimise.

my initial reaction was that his arms were over-muscled, and his legs not quite so... but it does capture the pinched joint look of a simple clay figure, so that might be a good thing.

if you want to emphisize the clay aspect, i'd leave 'em alone.

just noticed, his eyes and nose look like voids. maybe add some hilights and or increase the luminosity -- i.e. make 'em not dead black?

great job overall! very bear, very clay!

-jon

hmmm, maybe only attatch some parts, to make it look more like clay put togher, or have creases whre the parts are connected?

Im not sure, but just a suggestin, and maybe have some bump decals to show interaction with fingers and stuff, and maybe a crack or 2 in the skin.

Srry didnt say these things b4, my mind was kind of blank . . .it was right after football

ben

Nice bear - LOVE the clay look.

To continue with the clay look: Perhaps the eyes & nose bob should be blobs of clay stuck on? rather than looking continuous. And perhaps the fingers should look like additional rolled logs of clay? I also think the separate arms/legs work - but if you're going for the look that an accomplished clay sculptor created him - then I guess a continous body limb design is best. (IMO)

since I'm "not there yet" in my extensive retraining in A:M, why not leave his arms and legs..."unattached" so that they could fall off from time to time... jeeze, it happened to me when I was a kid working with playdoh... why couldn't it happen in the clay bear?

Maybe you can make attached arms fall off too... but I don't know that yet.