Hash, Inc. Forums

Art Appreciation

Hello fellow Hashers,

Just put my film up on A:M films. It's called Art Appreciation. I hope you guys enjoy it and it's a worthy enough contribution to all the insanely great and inspirational work this community makes.

Long live Animation Master.

Joe.

Fun animation Joe, fun style, good artwork, modeling - have to agree - very well put together - loved your timing & pacing, terrific choice & blending of music & sound effects - good story concept - crack in the wall was great, frustrated/mad facial expression was excellent, set/furniture design was terrific - loved the hat on the guy - (tres Nu Yawk) - what else can I say? Good Job!

super sweet man thats awsome

i love the guy the sounds the music the effects the crack in the wall

all was awsome!

and thats really cool its was shown at siggraph

someday i want to make a something, not sure what yet but something

P.S. awsome job again!

jay

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them.

Martin - Thanks for showing it at Siggraph. Now I can tell people that my film played at Siggraph! I am consistantly awed by Animation Master. You've cut through the clutter of other 3D applications and made a great tool. From where I stand, there is no other application I would rather use. Bless you, and thanks for the honor of airing it at the Siggraph Party.

Nancy - Thanks. It definately takes place in New York City, my home town. By the way, Your stuff is really coming together nicely. Love the cat and mouse musical number, and the tinman picture from the contest (on the home page) is very imaginative. You've definately developing a unique and cool style all your own.

John - thanks for the words. I'm definately still just beginning to get animation to where I would like it to be.

Nos - that music (on the reel) is a duet by two great guitar legends Chet Atkins and Les Paul.

Thanks to all others.

Joe.

Nos - that music (on the reel) is a duet by two great guitar legends Chet Atkins and Les Paul.

Cool. I'll have to see if I can get that up on Rhapsody.

It definitely has that live, "one-take" feel to it as there are a few bad notes, but that creates a lot of excitement.

Once again, great work. You're an inspiration.

Nos

• Admin

Charles,

I was one of the fortunate to see your short "Art Appreciation" on the big screen at the SIGGRAPH party (I was trying to remember if it was at SIGGRAPH itself or the Party but must have been the party).

Yours is an excellent animation.

Simple in many ways (poses have been mentioned) but perfect for the subject matter. While viewing we get a chance to appreciate your art in motion. What a wonderful little story.

The sounds/music really added a lot to support the graphics.

Well done!

Rodney