Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

GAIL: The City [slight nudity]

Hey everyone. A lot of you have been watching this in the WIP section, but now it's done!!!

GAIL is a Spume-bot (sex android) that gains conciousness and uses her "talents" as a spy in the "Jed Lightsear" series that is part of the EVENT HORIZON comic book from MAMTOR press.

EVENT HORIZON is a new Heavy Metal type comic that features all sorts of great comic tales.

Here is my rendition of GAIL for a pin-up for issue #2 of the series. The model is based on the Lambrina model from the A:M CD (heavily modified) and uses photoreal textures for her skin. It was created in v11.1 on my Powerbook and my crappy PIII PC laptop and RADIOSITY rendered in 50 hours at a resolution of 2400 X 3600 on a P4 @ 1.8GHz.

Comments and crits welcome!

GAIL: The City

GAIL_CityFINALmed.jpg

and here's some close-ups:

GAIL_City_CUP1.jpg

GAIL_City_CUP2.jpg

- pjc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

firewire is so 2004 firewire 2 is the way to go! lol

but anyways really nice job on the wires

looks more robotic than human now really cool

amazing how she started off one way and you modifed her into something else

its awsome!!!

jay

At first I thought that cables were connected to the black strip around her boobs, thought maybe they were for prevention of fog buildup. Like they have in the back of the rear windows of a car, those heated window defogger.

Maybe female robots need warm boobies?

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I wanted the cables to be kind of retro. I'm a big fan of William Gibson (Neuromancer) and I love that he uses retro things in his futuristic worlds.

The face was influenced by Pris from Blade Runner (another favorite of mine, especially the Philip K. Dick book)

...all in all it was a fun project. Not my usual subject matter, but it was still a blast.

I will give some details (patch count, etc.) in the morning.

- pjc

Guest jandals

Awesome! Her right hand it beautiful and I love the highlight on the back of her left knee! I wish I knew how to light a model that well (I'll have to re-read some of your other WIP threads).

Great model, great pose, great work!

Great model and textures!

The thing that bothers me is the background. She appears to be standing on the same ground level as the buildings yet the camera is higher than some of those high rise structures. Either they are very small sky scrapers or she is one huge babe. ;)

The buildings are small. What I really wanted was some geometric shapes behind her, and then I remembered that scene from the Robin Williams movie "Toys" with the small city while they were fighting, and thought that it would be interesting to set something up like that for GAIL.

Just got an email from the EIC of the book. He loves it, and wants to do an image where we turn this image into some sort of magazine ad for the GAIL series android! So, I guess I'm not quite done!!! ;)

- pjc

wow. :blink:

great detailed model!

Thanks!

Coming from you guys that's quite a compliment!

I really admire Soulcage's work!

DarkLimit: The zipper was one of those things that just "happened" and got more and more detail as I went along. I love google and the internet...I now know more about zippers than I ever wanted. :D

Well,

She's a great model... It's just too bad I couldn't get her delivered to me in time... lost the contract, shucks.... I tried substituting inflatable love dolls but the guys in the pinstripe suits booted me and the dolls out on our collective keesters... and threatened to get out the "violins" if we ever showed up at the strip club again... ah well, It's so hard to get good talent nowadays...

great job modleing Patrick... She's so...ah... real...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
but something i noticed.. theres a slit in her leg. is that saposed to be there

(answering for Patrick here)

Yup. If you read through the entire thread the seam in her leg is explained.

She ain't exactly human.