Hash, Inc. Forums

Help with an online tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Drago:

I have been working on that tutorial and am about to make a tutorial similar to it for newer versions of AM. At the time that tut was written, you had to create an action to animate the water. In newer versions of AM, you animate the materials in the chor after unchecking the little red mark behind the wave model. Unchecking the mark will allow you to see the hidden properties of the model, which will give you acces to the material and the x/y/z translate coordinates that have to be changed over time to animate the material on the wave model. I know this is a lot at once, but I hope it gets you on the right track.

Like I said, I will be working on a video tutorial for creating water and hope to have it done in the next week or two, time permitting.

Let me know how far you get.

Eric

Thanks for the help, looks like I might be able to finish the tutorial up, i'll keep you informed of progress.

Dragoon

EDIT: got stuck again, I am able to move the displacement like the tutorial says in step 4, but am unable to apply the shifting effect to a grid like in step 5, and am also unable to figure out the bump map in steps 6-9